Minkah Fitzpatrick want out of Miami?? (1 Viewer)

If we could get him for a 2 or 3, I’d be all on board. A 1st, plus a later pick is just too much in my opinion.

We don't have a 2nd round pick next April. However, our first round pick is pretty much an early 2nd with a fifth year option. Minkah is a much better and proven playerthan anybody we could draft in the late first round.

Unless we've already decided to draft a QB or OL with next year's first rounder... I'd say CB would be arguably the position we need the biggest immediate upgrade. The fact that minkah has 4 years left on his rookie deal makes giving up a first for him a moot point.

He makes our team a lot better this year and for the following 3 years. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. I doubt we do it, but if we did, I can't see any valid argument on how it would be a bad move.

guys I am really not seeing the drawback to giving the dolphins our 1st for this specific kid. it makes zero sense not to unless you are in love with a prospect in next year's draft.

Think if the Fish want a 1st and a 5th.... they're going to get it. Might as well be from us, we need him and I don't think we're going to get an 11th overall talent at #32 next year. On the other side, do we miss out on a possible Ram clone at #32? I guess this really depends on the Drew window.

Think if the Fish want a 1st and a 5th.... they're going to get it. Might as well be from us, we need him and I don't think we're going to get an 11th overall talent at #32 next year. On the other side, do we miss out on a possible Ram clone at #32? I guess this really depends on the Drew window.

Agree all around.

Watch what happens tomorrow. If Kupp goes off, I could see us pushing harder on this.

Have yet to see any reports connecting us to Miami for Fitz. We can't sit back and just expect for them to call us lol Let's get going Loomis Miami is having a yard sale and we can't afford to just drive past it.

Agree all around.

Watch what happens tomorrow. If Kupp goes off, I could see us pushing harder on this.

I think this is probably a good shout.

Another thing to consider, if the Cowboys & Seahawks are in on this I don't want him to strengthen either of those units. Taking Fitz AND preventing any contenders in the NFC from landing him would be worth a pick that'll end up being 30-32 in my opinion.

Plus I'd LOVE to see a defensive backfield of Latt, Apple, Fitz, Bell & M.Williams on 3rd downs.

There’s definitely a market - which means demand and competition, which usually means a higher price.

Didn't need to pretty it up more than it already is. A early first round draft pick that has lived up to his draft status, at a position of need around the league in today's NFL... who's young and dirt cheap for the next 4 years? Knowing what teams "know" about Minkah right now... if he was coming out in next year's draft, he'd easily be a top 5 pick and in the discussion for #1 if not for a few QB needy teams.

Players like that don't become available this early in their career unless there's a problem. What make this rare is that there isn't a problem with the player, just the team that drafted him.

• 1Like
Reactions: VDK
Calling him a 'Top 5' pick is pushing it a bit, I think. He has definite value, but he's not in that stratosphere.

Calling him a 'Top 5' pick is pushing it a bit, I think. He has definite value, but he's not in that stratosphere.

I think dutar's point (and I agree with him) is there's an element of "the devil you know" at play here that no draft selection could ever possess. He's got some very good tape vs. NFL talent.

Brandon Scherff, Jameis Winston, Leonard Fournette and Greg Robinson gave all been top 5 picks in recent drafts. None of those have come close to the kind of consistency that Fits showed last year on a bad team. While calling him a hypothetical top 5 talent in next year's draft might offend some, he'd be as close to a can't-miss prospect that there has been in recent memory and I think a lot of teams are going to want to get in on that.

I'd love for us to land him but if it turns into a bidding war and the price goes to Tunsil levels of stupidity, we won't have enough draft capital.

I keep reading a lot about draft capital. Why?

Are we not in win now mode??? How often is a player of this caliber available for a trade that fills a need and helps us now?! I think we make this move and don’t look back. It’s not like we will only have him for this year. He will be a staple in f this defense for years to come.

Hmm, what impact could a significant injury to Brees have on a Saints possible trade for Minkah Fritz.?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom