Minkah Fitzpatrick want out of Miami?? (1 Viewer)

Hmm, what impact could a significant injury to Brees have on a Saints possible trade for Minkah Fritz.?

Zero chance now. Fins are likely to get a first-round pick and if Brees is out, it's not worth giving a high pick for a team with no shot to win a SB.

Zero chance now. Fins are likely to get a first-round pick and if Brees is out, it's not worth giving a high pick for a team with no shot to win a SB.

100% Agreed. He will end up in New England or Seattle.

Traded to Pittsburgh for a 2020 1st. Could be a high pick without Ben.

That’s risky AF, the Steelers are going to suck this year.

And it’s a wasted year of his rookie contract. They’ll just have two years left before the expensive fifth year option...and they maybe give a top 10...surely at least a top 15 pick for him.

With Ben out and getting up in age, you’d think they’d want that pick for his successor. If nothing else Rudolph must be feeling really good about his job security.

Shocked Pittsburgh did this. Nice move by Miami given the circumstances.

Really happy he didn’t end up in Seattle or Dallas (hoping Ramsey doesn’t end up in either place, either).

When Brees was healthy and nickel CB was our biggest weak spot on a potential SB roster? Absolutely.

I mean, I get the temptation. But we are seriously getting to the point where we don't know if we are abolutley going to need next year's 1st round pick to try to get a QB.

And I was also just comparing the thoughts of those above stating that the Steelers may have wasted their 1st round pick when Ben was up in age and needing a successor.

I mean, I get the temptation. But we are seriously getting to the point where we don't know if we are abolutley going to need next year's 1st round pick to try to get a QB.

Everything changed when Brees got hurt. If he were healthy, this team is fighting for the one-seed and you could view Fitzpatrick as the missing player for a SB ring.

Now? We could still get hot late and make a run. But we’re just as likely to pick in the top 15.

I can understand if the Steelers’ fans don’t think they shoulda traded their 1st since it’ll be probably high and Ben’s done for the year.

In our case it’s still possible we’ll win enough games to keep out of the top half of the draft and yet not make it to the playoffs.

Unless the team is sure the guys we have isn’t the answer long term they're going to be more concerned about this year than who the first round QBs are
next draft.

I wouldn’t have minded trading for Minkah because we’ve got Bell PJ and Apple coming up for new deals and having him for a few years on the cheap while we pay other guys could’ve been great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom