Minn Vs Penn ST. (1 Viewer)

I mentioned this in another thread, but i love Minn head coach PJ Fleck, and couldn’t understand for the life of me why LSU didnt consider him in their search a couple of years ago.

They call him the ‘Tony Robbins of college football’, but i’m a big believer that energy, enthusiasm and motivation can go a long, long way- especially in collge football.
I just think that LSU knew more fans would support Coach O than another new face without a huge resume'. Those high energy coaches are great at getting kids emotionally hyped for a game, but in the SEC it's all about recruiting the best players available. I just hope that Ed knows how to keep the best assistants around him. That what Orgeron needs to be successful.

If anyone puts a 1 loss Big 10 team over a 1 loss Bama or LSU they are smoking lots of crack. Watch these guys play. Watch the speed in the trenches, then watch the speed of the LB's and secondary. Then look at the size and the speed of the skill players. Then do the same for the LSU/Bama game. It's not as big of a difference between NFL and College but it's damn close.

Then you look at the schedules. LSU would have 3-4 wins against top 10 teams. Mn would have 1 win over a top 10 team. Mn almost lost to South Dakota State, then it took them double OT to beat Fresno State.

If it comes down to LSU vs Mn, if the strength of schedule doesn't do it then look at the common opponent. They both played Georgia Southern and home. LSU won by 52 points, Mn won by 3.

If anyone puts a 1 loss Big 10 team over a 1 loss Bama or LSU they are smoking lots of crack.

We are talking about the committee. Common sense is not part of the equation

If Mn. holds on,and they currently lead 31-19 with 14 minutes remaining in the 4th, Bama and LSU fans better hope their teams don't
lose today

If Mn. holds on,and they currently lead 31-19 with 14 minutes remaining in the 4th, Bama and LSU fans better hope their teams don't
lose today

You all are crazy. It wouldn't even be a tough decision unless Bama just gets worked today.

Bobby Bell on the Mn. sideline. Huge Kudos for those that remember him playing for the Chiefs

lose today
The only issue as it pertains to who gets into the top four is how badly the playoff committee wants to avoid having two SEC teams in the playoffs. They are definitely against having the SEC dominating the trips to the playoffs. This is why we needs 8 teams in the playoffs. Then they can put all those teams in there that really don't belong.

The only issue as it pertains to who gets into the top four is how badly the playoff committee wants to avoid having two SEC teams in the playoffs. They are definitely against having the SEC dominating the trips to the playoffs. This is why we needs 8 teams in the playoffs. Then they can put all those teams in there that really don't belong.
I've been preaching 8 playoff teams forever. That said a mn. win throws a big wrench into the current 4 team playoff

lose today

A clown response lol. Do you even watch football outside the SEC? Both of these teams could easily dispatch LSU or Bama . Take off the glasses

I've been preaching 8 playoff teams forever. That said a mn. win throws a big wrench into the current 4 team playoff
It's just a lot of hooey that every year some playoff-deserving team gets left out due to having a 4-game limit. Make it 8 and it's hard to leave out a team that may actually be the best of the best.

It's just a lot of hooey that every year some playoff-deserving team gets left out due to having a 4-game limit. Make it 8 and it's hard to leave out a team that may actually be the best of the best.
Agreed, #9 has no excuse. #5 in a 4 team playoff is a different story

A clown response lol. Do you even watch football outside the SEC? Both of these teams could easily dispatch LSU or Bama . Take off the glasses

Lolwut?

Are you saying MN or Penn State could easily beat either LSU or Bama???

Lolwut?

Are you saying MN or Penn State could easily beat either LSU or Bama???

yes it's my opinion and i'm sticking to it. The loser of todays bama/lsu game has a huge hill to climb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom