Minter & Reid (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If we trade back, pick up Minter, & take Reid in the 2nd. What do u guys think?
I think you are just too big of a LSU homer ......... Minter and Reid are nowhere close to what we need to strengthen our defense ....... Reid is the extended version of Roman Harper ....

Reaction score
Don't know much about Minter, do you?
Yeah.

Anyway, Kevin Minter is likely going to end up being the best MLB in this entire draft and im far from being alone in thinking that. The guy is an animal and a tackling machine. He had like 25 tackles against Florida for example this past season. Now im not saying we should draft him, but whoever does get him, will have a pro bowl MLB for a decade.

He reminds me of that Panthers MLB Jon Beason before his injury. Beason was on his way to stardom before that happened in that game against the Giants.

Yes, im a huge LSU homer. But good players are good players and if they come from LSU, then so what.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Loomis and Payton have never traded down. Why does everyone keep thinking they are going to do it this year?
There is a 1st time for everything. Besides, this draft is LOADED with defensive talent (especially rds 1-3). And being salary cap strapped, sort of, this would be the perfect year to have all of those pics. Round 2 is going to be the round that produces the biggest gems, IMHO.

Mackenzie

Black and Gold Forever
Reaction score
Loomis and Payton have never traded down. Why does everyone keep thinking they are going to do it this year?
I'll tell you why, because for the first time since Payton and Loomis have been together, we have the combination of few draft picks and a real need for several new starters for a D that was worst in league history.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yeah.

Anyway, Kevin Minter is likely going to end up being the best MLB in this entire draft and im far from being alone in thinking that. The guy is an animal and a tackling machine. He had like 25 tackles against Florida for example this past season. Now im not saying we should draft him, but whoever does get him, will have a pro bowl MLB for a decade.

He reminds me of that Panthers MLB Jon Beason before his injury. Beason was on his way to stardom before that happened in that game against the Giants.

Yes, im a huge LSU homer. But good players are good players and if they come from LSU, then so what.
I agree with you 100% on Minter and that's a great write-up on the thread you have about him. My dig was at mountaineerdude who doesn't think LSU players are good, I guess that's why they continue to beat the pants of WVU everytime LSU plays them. Minter would be a huge addition, while Reid has tons of talent just needs some more coaching.

TylerDurden

All-Madden
Reaction score
If we can get an OLB in Free Agency, and I know we have Galette and Wilson, but I still think we need a proven 3-4 OLB. Trading back and picking up two second rounders for our first, and getting these two guys is a dream scenario for LSU and Saints fans. Reid has way more speed and ball skills than Harper, and better cover skills. Minter is a very good football player, tackling machine. These two will be good NFL players.

BIGPOPPA

Goodell BLOWS!!!!!
Reaction score
Minter IS the best MLB in the draft! No doubt! You can scream "homerism" if you want to. This kid can play. You won't have problems off the field with him either.
As for Reid, he is a much better player than Harper. I like Roman, so this is nothing personal against him. Reid is just much better.
It wouldn't break my heart if they ended up on the Saints' roster. I personally think we have more pressing needs, but like I said, I wouldn't be upset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom