Minter & Reid (1 Viewer)

If we trade back, pick up Minter, & take Reid in the 2nd. What do u guys think?

I think you are just too big of a LSU homer ......... Minter and Reid are nowhere close to what we need to strengthen our defense ....... Reid is the extended version of Roman Harper ....

Don't know much about Minter, do you?

Yeah.

Anyway, Kevin Minter is likely going to end up being the best MLB in this entire draft and im far from being alone in thinking that. The guy is an animal and a tackling machine. He had like 25 tackles against Florida for example this past season. Now im not saying we should draft him, but whoever does get him, will have a pro bowl MLB for a decade.

He reminds me of that Panthers MLB Jon Beason before his injury. Beason was on his way to stardom before that happened in that game against the Giants.

Yes, im a huge LSU homer. But good players are good players and if they come from LSU, then so what.

Loomis and Payton have never traded down. Why does everyone keep thinking they are going to do it this year?

There is a 1st time for everything. Besides, this draft is LOADED with defensive talent (especially rds 1-3). And being salary cap strapped, sort of, this would be the perfect year to have all of those pics. Round 2 is going to be the round that produces the biggest gems, IMHO.

Loomis and Payton have never traded down. Why does everyone keep thinking they are going to do it this year?

I'll tell you why, because for the first time since Payton and Loomis have been together, we have the combination of few draft picks and a real need for several new starters for a D that was worst in league history.

Yeah.

Anyway, Kevin Minter is likely going to end up being the best MLB in this entire draft and im far from being alone in thinking that. The guy is an animal and a tackling machine. He had like 25 tackles against Florida for example this past season. Now im not saying we should draft him, but whoever does get him, will have a pro bowl MLB for a decade.

He reminds me of that Panthers MLB Jon Beason before his injury. Beason was on his way to stardom before that happened in that game against the Giants.

Yes, im a huge LSU homer. But good players are good players and if they come from LSU, then so what.

I agree with you 100% on Minter and that's a great write-up on the thread you have about him. My dig was at mountaineerdude who doesn't think LSU players are good, I guess that's why they continue to beat the pants of WVU everytime LSU plays them. Minter would be a huge addition, while Reid has tons of talent just needs some more coaching.

If we can get an OLB in Free Agency, and I know we have Galette and Wilson, but I still think we need a proven 3-4 OLB. Trading back and picking up two second rounders for our first, and getting these two guys is a dream scenario for LSU and Saints fans. Reid has way more speed and ball skills than Harper, and better cover skills. Minter is a very good football player, tackling machine. These two will be good NFL players.

Some people need to open their eye's. Minter is a ball hawk. That guy is gonna be crazy good. Reid is no pansy neither. I would take those two all day over Mingo, specially Minter!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom