Misconceptions (1 Viewer)

Scarecrow

Oz's #1 Saints Fan
Reaction score
With us getting Vilma and possibly getting Shockey, I feel as if people need to realize how great these moves are.

Vilma, we got him for a conditional pick. Yeah, he had a knee injury which sidelined him last year. But didn't we get some QB who came off of a major injury?? How did he work out for us? Vilma's young and was a beast before the injury. He'll be fine. Worse case scenario, he'll end up the same as what we had.

Shockey, yes he's a percieved problem, but he's talented. Plus look at how many other problem children have changed their ways once they go to a new team.

These are tremendous moves for our team. Definately something to get excited about.

The Vilma thing I'm cool with, the Shockey one....mmmm, not so much, I like the aggresiveness but we can go Miller, Johnson and Campbell again for all I care, I wanna use these draft picks on Defense...and a high second rounder was gonna get us a good defensive player.

Actually i love the shockey idea... Look what happened with brees and gates... I think if Shockey came in here he would get the ball a good bit.

I say stand pat with the second rounder...once the draft rolls around, and an impact player isn't on the board still, then make the trade. Theres no telling who is gonna be available when our pick comes up.

We can likely get one of the top TE's with our 2nd rounder, if that's what the plan is. Shockey's career is about 1/2 over already and not worth a 2nd, IMO.

I love Shockey production on the field, but I hate his attitude. Our 2nd rounder is worth more than a potential distraction. I'd be happy sending a 3rd...no conditions...b/c he may produce but piss off the team.

We can likely get one of the top TE's with our 2nd rounder, if that's what the plan is. Shockey's career is about 1/2 over already and not worth a 2nd, IMO.

No tight end in this draft is near Jeremy Shockey he's a pro bowler and will be a major upgrade to our offense...

Johnson was sub-par this year and can't run block. he didn't catch many of the balls thrown his way that should have been caught.

Campbell was hurt most of the year (big surprise)

I like Miller but he can't do it on his own.

Shockey could come in and Drew/Payton will hold him down.

(wishful thinking?)

I love Shockey production on the field, but I hate his attitude. Our 2nd rounder is worth more than a potential distraction. I'd be happy sending a 3rd...no conditions...b/c he may produce but piss off the team.

Yeah! All those dropsies after crying to get the ball more is what I want to see in B&G. I pretty much don't care for him and I really don't want to see him in B&G. If he produces, then ok, but I doubt I'll change my mind about him any time soon.

If the Saint trade for Shockey, we will have to see what we give up before saying it was a great move. Shockey is a premier talent at TE (but he gets nicked up). I love his fire and love for the game, and I think he and Brees will hit it off. Make no mistake about it Brees is the leader of this offense, and IMO Shockey will respect that. A solid believable leader on offense is something IMO he never had in NY. He may mouth off once in a while, but Brees & coach will keep his eye on the prize.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom