Mississippi beach hotels (1 Viewer)

The beach part is only disappointing if you go expecting gulf beaches. Be adventurous and take the ferry out to Ship Island and you will find what you are looking for. White sand and the blue green water found in AL and FL. Spend 5 minutes looking at a map and it is easy to see why. The barrier islands are close to the mainland in FL and AL so they built a nice car bridge over the Bay. The same island chain exist in MS but not close enough to build a car bridge to them.

+1 for Biloxi and the close proximity to Ocean Springs. OS beaches (on the Sound of course) are pretty nice considering. A few blocks over to downtown OS is worth it as well. Venture up to Hwy 57/I10 to "The Shed" for great brisket BBQ. They have pork as well.

I mentioned ship island earlier but it really is the treasure of the ms gulf coast. It's a shame to come here and not walk around ship island. Horn and pettiboys are at least as nice, maybe better but you have to rent a charter boat or know some one with a boat. The ship island ferry makes it easy and a no brainer.

I mentioned ship island earlier but it really is the treasure of the ms gulf coast. It's a shame to come here and not walk around ship island. Horn and pettiboys are at least as nice, maybe better but you have to rent a charter boat or know some one with a boat. The ship island ferry makes it easy and a no brainer.

If I ever move back to MS my goal is to hopefully have a place somewhere on the water with crab traps always in the water and a boat I can take out to Horn whenever I wanted to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom