Mississippi Gubernatorial Candidate refuses to spend time alone with female reporter (1 Viewer)

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
A Mississippi Republican running for governor and a female reporter seeking to spend a day with him on the campaign trail squared off Thursday morning on CNN over his refusal to be alone with her.

The candidate, state Rep. Robert Foster, stood by his decision to insist that reporter Larrison Campbell bring a male colleague if she wanted a “ride-along” in his truck because he “just wanted to keep things professional” and avoid “a lot of opportunities where it would’ve been an awkward situation.”

https://news.yahoo.com/miss-candida...e-alone-with-a-female-reporter-160344454.html

Could this be a ploy by a Republican Candidate to limit access to a Democrat friendly News Network or have we reached a point that the #METOO movement is working but a side effect is now reverse sexism?

Assuming all of the facts are presented "as is" in the story can you blame the candidate? This is a big political stage and he has everything to lose by opening himself up to potential controversy.

Do you feel for the reporter? All she is just trying to do her job and is receiving a backhanded accusation.

I am just asking questions, not projecting an opinion. What are your thoughts?

https://news.yahoo.com/miss-candida...e-alone-with-a-female-reporter-160344454.html

Could this be a ploy by a Republican Candidate to limit access to a Democrat friendly News Network or have we reached a point that the #METOO movement is working but a side effect is now reverse sexism?

Assuming all of the facts are presented "as is" in the story can you blame the candidate? This is a big political stage and he has everything to lose by opening himself up to potential controversy.

Do you feel for the reporter? All she is just trying to do her job and is receiving a backhanded accusation.

i get the feeling he thinks quite highly of himself.

If that was what came to mind when asked to have a female reported spend the day with him, leads me to think that he has some sort of paranoia and probably isnt fit for the seat.

neither
dude's just admitting that he's a situational rapist
i find the honesty refreshing and i hope he seeks help

i get the feeling he thinks quite highly of himself.

If that was what came to mind when asked to have a female reported spend the day with him, leads me to think that he has some sort of paranoia and probably isnt fit for the seat.

as someone who has been accused of it with 3 different employees, despite having security cameras everywhere, I can understand the paranoia
however, it isn't necessary to make a public issue of it. he could have just had an assistant or aide present

as someone who has been accused of it with 3 different employees, despite having security cameras everywhere, I can understand the paranoia
however, it isn't necessary to make a public issue of it. he could have just had an assistant or aide present

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE: The Aide or Assistant would be someone from his corner. Who would a jury/public opinion believe more, the assistant/aide or the reporter's 3rd party?

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE: The Aide or Assistant would be someone from his corner. Who would a jury/public opinion believe more, the assistant/aide or the reporter's 3rd party?

I think their presence would virtually eliminate any risk so I wouldn't worry

accused by the employees themselves or rumors started within office by others?

accused by the employees themselves or rumors started within office by others?

rumors started by others

hell if I was half the ladies' man they thought, I would have had a much better time in high school and not splitting time between band and role playing games

(although honestly I do miss the role playing games)

Granted, but having someone else present helps to give at least plausible deniability to any claims of assault or harassment. And why did he insist on a male reporter? Does he assume that two women will automatically turn against him? The whole thing is just weird to me.

I have heard pastors give the advice multiple times to men to just not be alone with a woman who is not their wife.
Not because they think the woman will make up an accusation, but its harder for something to "just happen" if you are not alone together. It also dispels any ideas that something inappropriate may be happening between the two.

I have heard pastors give the advice multiple times to men to just not be alone with a woman who is not their wife.
Not because they think the woman will make up an accusation, but its harder for something to "just happen" if you are not alone together. It also dispels any ideas that something inappropriate may be happening between the two.
something something something hijabs

He's delusional. He required her to bring a male reporter along? Why? All he has to do to protect himself is bring a staffer of his along wherever they go. This is more than "protection from the crazy #metoo movement" at work here I think.

I dunno what to make of it, but, he did state that he's got a really small campaign staff, and he stated in an interview last night that he'd be fine with it if his staffer was available to ride with him.

I've been in that situation as a minister before. I had colleagues who had been rumored to mess around, and I wanted no part of it, so I always had an open door office policy. And very rarely had a female alone with me in a vehicle.

I understand where he's coming from. I've never had a female other than my wife alone with me traveling for 16 hours though. That's a bit different than bringing someone to the airport.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom