Mitchell Trubisky (1 Viewer)

Man you lost me at saying he can be as good as those other QB’s you listed.
Still wouldn’t mind bringing him in if it’s real cheap.

Man you lost me at saying he can be as good as those other QB’s you listed.
Still wouldn’t mind bringing him in if it’s real cheap.

Yeah, just saying that he has the potential
He’s definitely got much more ability to throw with touch and anticipation. He showed some good ball placement against us as well. But he can’t ever do it consistently. He looks great one drive and like doo the next.

I think Payton could really make him into something, but I think he can make Jamies into something as well.
That's the thing, his consistency, which made me think of Sean.

If Chicago moves on from Trubisky, and Winston moves on to greener ($$$) pastures, it would make sense to bring him in and see what he can do here. I think Payton can make him better, and he's an intriguing prospect.

He does have a better career completion % rate than Josh Allen. Allen completed less than 60% of his passes for his first 2 seasons, then jumped to 69%. Trubisky's never had below 60% for a season and this season was his best at 67%. Brees' best season in SD was at 65.5% and had 2 seasons less that 60%.

Brees was essentially Trubisky before coming to the Saints. Up and down as a starter and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. They waited until is arm almost got ripped off, then threw him in the trash bin.

I think CSP can work with anyone if they have the talent, drive and ability to learn his offense. He just tailors it to their strengths.

I'd rather roll with Jameis since he's already here and has a season in CSP's offense.

Last edited:
I’m not against bringing him in to compete, but you’re up in the night if you think he can be as good as any of the QB’s you listed.

Same here, I would rather Jamies than Trubisky....I get that Chicago's oline sucks but Trubisky has not shown to be a consistent accurate thrower of the football, which is absolutely critical in our offense....

If Chicago does grab a huge name at QB, as being reported, Sean need to grab Mitchell Trubisky if possible.

He has all the tools and can make all the throws, easily, unlike Taysom. Add to that he is extremely mobile and is young, ready to be molded and taught by a Great Coach.

He would be what Sean was looking for in Taysom [What Sean was trying to do in the first place...go dual threat so we are competitive the next decade]....that's just wasn't there Taysom...and this guy has the potential to be every bit of Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Russ...hell he throws better than Lamar Jackson.

Anyway, just a thought, bc we pair that guy with Sean, imo, the sky is the limit. Be like bringing in a Watson, that we mold into Watson, without breaking the bank.
"Players with potential is what gets coaches fired". Brian Billick

If Chicago does grab a huge name at QB, as being reported, Sean need to grab Mitchell Trubisky if possible.

He has all the tools and can make all the throws, easily, unlike Taysom. Add to that he is extremely mobile and is young, ready to be molded and taught by a Great Coach.

He would be what Sean was looking for in Taysom [What Sean was trying to do in the first place...go dual threat so we are competitive the next decade]....that's just wasn't there Taysom...and this guy has the potential to be every bit of Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Russ...hell he throws better than Lamar Jackson.

Anyway, just a thought, bc we pair that guy with Sean, imo, the sky is the limit. Be like bringing in a Watson, that we mold into Watson, without breaking the bank.

I'm not necessarily against your plan, but you are heavily under the influence of something if you think Mitch can be a great qb in this league

He’s got the physical tools, sure. But he lacks the necessary brain wrinkles to ever be a good NFL QB

He’s definitely got much more ability to throw with touch and anticipation. He showed some good ball placement against us as well. But he can’t ever do it consistently. He looks great one drive and like doo the next.

I think Payton could really make him into something, but I think he can make Jamies into something as well.

I like Jameis’ potential much more than Taysom and Trubisky

I’d be ok with it if we can get him for cheap. He has some ability and some QBs take longer than others. I wouldn’t be excited about him as our starter. But I’m not sure how I feel out our two current guys either

If my options are between Trubisky and Winston, I'm one hundred percent taking Winston. He's at least shown the ability to throw the football beyond twenty yards, and interceptions aside (they clearly weren't entirely his fault, whether that be the WRs or Arians playcalling), five thousand yards is impressive. I'd like to at least see what he could do under a coach that'll tailor an offense around him and not just tell him to throw it up every play.

Let’s just roll with Winston or Taysom....we either bomb out or do alright. If we lose and they don’t cut it, draft a kid the next year with an actual high pick.
This. I see no reason to go outside our current options: a traditional pocket QB and an athletic QB. They both have flaws but they know the system and by now Sean knows them.

If my options are between Trubisky and Winston, I'm one hundred percent taking Winston. He's at least shown the ability to throw the football beyond twenty yards, and interceptions aside (they clearly weren't entirely his fault, whether that be the WRs or Arians playcalling), five thousand yards is impressive. I'd like to at least see what he could do under a coach that'll tailor an offense around him and not just tell him to throw it up every play.

Why not both? I don’t think that either will demand large contracts. Let them compete and see what happens. Let Taysom continue to playhis role

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom