MLB Playoffs (2 Viewers)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Twinkies have lost their 18th playoff game in a row! Hard feat to accomplish. You'd figure they would've won on accident in one of those games

Last edited:
I'm a Cubs fan. Seeing them playing the Marlins brings back too many memories of 2003. And in true Cubs fashion, they lost at home yesterday. I know they broke the curse in 2016, but it's been rough since then.

Got to say Like this playoff format and the short season , might be a little too short , but take it over the 163 game grind any year

hoping for another surprise postseason run from the Cards. Always seem to win world series when least expected

Yesterday was awesome. Eight playoff games in one day!

As a friendly reminder the Marlins have literally never lost a playoff series in franchise history. Sorry, Cubs fans.

As long as the Houston Asterisks don't win it, I'm good. My team was out of it by the 3rd game of the regular (shortened) season. :hih:

As long as the Houston Asterisks don't win it, I'm good. My team was out of it by the 3rd game of the regular (shortened) season. :hih:

Yea about the only thing that I would hate about a shorter season .... find out quick if you got a chance or not lol....

Surprisingly with the Braves Starting Pitching falling of the face of the earth we somehow turned it around.... course bats are still in LaLa Land when it comes to playoffs

I'm a Cubs fan. Seeing them playing the Marlins brings back too many memories of 2003. And in true Cubs fashion, they lost at home yesterday. I know they broke the curse in 2016, but it's been rough since then.

Frankly, the Cubs are lucky to even be in the playoffs. I have never seen a lineup with batting averages that low even make the playoffs much less win a division before. Their pitching is good, but I'm not sure any pitching is good enough to overcome their lack of any hitting. I mean, none of them are hitting Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Schwarber, etc. Contreras and Happ have been okay but that's about it.

Frankly, the Cubs are lucky to even be in the playoffs. I have never seen a lineup with batting averages that low even make the playoffs much less win a division before. Their pitching is good, but I'm not sure any pitching is good enough to overcome their lack of any hitting. I mean, none of them are hitting Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Schwarber, etc. Contreras and Happ have been okay but that's about it.

They started out phenomenal with outstanding pitching, but the hitting never really got going this season. Some think that Bryant will never be the same and that might be the case with his shoulder. Rizzo was an okay prospect that had back issues and was traded twice as a prospect. He got healthy for their run, but has been dealing with back issues for the last few seasons. Baez is back to his not being able to hit self after having a breakout season. I think it might be time to break them up and keep pieces like Happ, Contreras and Hoerner to build around. They have OF prospects Brennan Davis and Cole Roederer who have been developing might be good young talent to bring up to the show.

If they can't get past the Marlins, maybe the blow it up again and retool/rebuild. The Marlins traded Ozuna, Yelich and Stanton and are doing just find without them.

Want to know who else is lucky to be in the layoffs? The Asterisks. Losing record and shirt batting averages and had their shirt pushed in by the 2nd worst team in baseball to end the season. Fork that team.

The Carlos Correa comes out and talks crap about them winning the first 2 games of their playoff series. Yeah, they won against a team with an 18 (now 19) game losing streak in the playoffs. WOOPEY DE DOO!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom