MLB the Show 08 (1 Viewer)

anyone ever play "the show" series??? i want to get a good baseball game for the ps3....i really liked MLB 2k6.....

I've always gotten into baseball games. It's not as fun as Madden when you're playing with friends, but single player is awesome. I don't think I've ever played "The Show" series though. I believe the last baseball game that I really got into was an EA Sports brand. I'll have to try it out and see and hope it's not the "Bases Loaded" of baseball games. I'm hoping that it's more of the "RBI Baseball". :)

RBI = Awesome
Bases Loaded = Always sucked.

I have always liked Baseball Games. But, often times the games on game platforms are less detailed than the versions on computer. I have always been a big fan of the MVP Baseball franchise. But, that has gone away.

What I liked about MVP Baseball was the minor league draft and the ability to manage the farm system. You really got to run the entire organization. Does anyone know if this game will have minor leagues and the minor leage draft?

I have always liked Baseball Games. But, often times the games on game platforms are less detailed than the versions on computer. I have always been a big fan of the MVP Baseball franchise. But, that has gone away.

What I liked about MVP Baseball was the minor league draft and the ability to manage the farm system. You really got to run the entire organization. Does anyone know if this game will have minor leagues and the minor leage draft?

The Show '07 did..so this one should as well..

That's the game that I was thinking of! MVP was a pretty good baseball game.

That's the game that I was thinking of! MVP was a pretty good baseball game.

Yeah, MVP Baseball was awesome. But, EA lost the right to use MLB players when they got the exclusive Madden franchise. There is a group out there that does roster mods and a few other mods off of the basic MVP programing for the PC, but it's really not a completely new game and no real advances are possible in the graphics and game play. Both football games and baseball games have been hurt by the Madden monopoly on NFL games.

Oh well, hopefully The Show will be at least close to MVP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom