Mlb (1 Viewer)

Boccal

Very Banned
Reaction score
My thought is that we should wait until next year to Draft a MLB you have 2 really good ones coming out.

We should take Phillips, Ellis, Jenkins, Rivers with #10

Better idea for ya... Trade a 3rd for Vilma... sign a short term fix corner, select Rivers, and take the best Corner left on the board in the second... and maybe another on the second day.

No way are we going to pass on a chance to pick up the next great safety of the NFL, that being Kenny Phillips.

Vilma might not ready for next season i would go after Wilson who would be cheap

No way are we going to pass on a chance to pick up the next great safety of the NFL, that being Kenny Phillips.

If Phillips has a good combine with a good 40, and his potential...the Saints would be fools to pass on him. He would really improve this D especially at the safety spot, and bring a presence there with Harper.

But us knowing the Saints, they will probably take DeSean Jackson or like Ryan Clady or something.

Phillips is not Sean Taylor and while I understand that Bullocks is not the answer we need youth at DT more then another FS. KK outplayed Bullocks all season and he never got on the field so what will make Phillips any different

Phillips is not Sean Taylor and while I understand that Bullocks is not the answer we need youth at DT more then another FS. KK outplayed Bullocks all season and he never got on the field so what will make Phillips any different

I would hope the high draft pick would warrant his play, but we did sit our number one 07 pick all season on the non-active list.

KK outplayed Bullocks for one game. Otherwise he was terrible the entire season.

And God help us if we trade a 3rd round pick for a MLB who limps, won't be ready for the season as of now, and has a bone disorder that will probably keep him injury prone forever. We could get a starting MLB in the 3rd round this year with that pick.

Totally agree, there are gonna be some major openings in the front seven (WILL, MIKE and DT) and our more important than a safety? Regardless of team need, we don't need a safety that bad were we spend a top 10 pick on one.

Another way I would like to see us go is take

1.Phillips
2.Okam unless Conner is here
3.Trade back up and take the Best CB since the draft is deep at that position this year.

The Saints cannot be thinking about next year because to get Muluaga or Lauriantias they will have to be assuming that they will have another top 10 pick and that is not the way they need to be thinking.

I would be fine if the Saints pass on Kenny Phillips and draft an impact player for the defensive. Kenny Phillips is not Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor was 6'3" 230lbs. and ran like a CB, but Phillips is very good.

The Saints cannot be thinking about next year because to get Muluaga or Lauriantias they will have to be assuming that they will have another top 10 pick and that is not the way they need to be thinking.

I would be fine if the Saints pass on Kenny Phillips and draft an impact player for the defensive. Kenny Phillips is not Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor was 6'3" 230lbs. and ran like a CB, but Phillips is very good.

Taylor was 6'2" 222, Phillips is 220 and the same height. Phillips runs a 4.4 forty.

The differences physically are nill. The arguement is that Phillips doesn't hit as hard.

Ellis, Jenkins, or Phillips. In that order. A defensive playmaker and new starter hits the field.

Take the best defensive player available (hopefully not a DE). There isn't a defensive position on the team that doesn't need a serious upgrade. Mckenzie is hurt, Hollis Thomas is old, Bryan Young is good but not great, Grant and Smith got no pass rush last year anf Fujita needs help. We could live with the DL we have now but the rest of the defense stinks. The only offensive position I could justify using a high draft pick on is if there's a great guard available, but only if it's somebody with the potential to come in and excel immediadetly.

MORE PROJECTS!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom