MM status...? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
does anyone know the status of mike mckenzie? i never really heard how serious the injury was and was just wondering if he is going to have to miss camp or any of the season...

See Hard

Spelling Police
Reaction score
use the search feature, you should find eleventy billion threads to answer your question. :)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Word is he's been playing basketball... so if that's true I think he'll be OK by the time the "bullets start flying for real"...

cajuncannonwhodat

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I saw Mike at the Hornets game ton. I asked him how the knee was doing and instead of saying anything he immediately started dancing in place and jumping up and down. In the midst of this break dance he said "Its doing." Just classic! Love the guy and I wish him the best this upcoming season.

Wheelo

I <3 Saints
Reaction score
I saw Mike at the Hornets game ton. I asked him how the knee was doing and instead of saying anything he immediately started dancing in place and jumping up and down. In the midst of this break dance he said "Its doing." Just classic! Love the guy and I wish him the best this upcoming season.

MM gave you a good answer! :9:

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If his knee is ready for traiining camp, that's the best news I have heard the entire offseason, Vilma/McCray/Morgan/Gay/Glenn included.

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That's funny. I wish I lived in NO so I could see that. :hihi:

JethrO

Down the road
Reaction score
This is a bulletin he posted on his myspace on April 7:

To all my Friends,Family,and Fans......My rehab is going well thanks for all of your support and Prayers!!! Some days are really hard but I push through it. It's been four months now and I'm on schedule to be playing with the Super Bowl Bound NEW Orleans Saints Soon.

God Bless

TREY4

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
The '08 Saints really need him.

kcgirl

Veteran
Reaction score
During the dance contest at the Hornets vs Celtics game, Mike was dancing his behind off so I can definitely see him doing that.

saint hdawg

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

:bowdown:

Sailin'Saint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That is the best news I have heard all off season. I have been assuming that he would not be back until the end of the year at the earliest. I figured he would start on the PUP list or something. You know what they say about ***-umptions

bagouser

Reaction score
This HAS been heavily posted, but there have been MM sightings at Harrah's, Hornet's games, and the best tidbit is that he shot a few hoops at a charity BB game in his hometown. I still say that the guy got up and lined up for the next play, then he was trying to "jog it off" on the sideline for several plays after.
There are such things as tears and tweaks.
This (thank goodness) looks like a tweak. I imagine he won't participate much until the end of the Preseason if at all before Week 1. that's cool, Aaron Gleen, Randall Gay can hold it down until he's ready. Also a great way to see some of what Usama Young and ________(insert draft pick) can do.

ascottmcd

Reaction score
I met him at the airport in San Antonio Texas at the beginning of January. We were on the same plane. I talked to him after we landed and he said he was on his way to do some rehab. He told me that he thought he'd be at 100% in about 9 months. But that was a while ago a lot could have changed from then to now. But Mike is a really cool guy, not to mention a beastly CB. I'm glad i got to meet him.

Saintsi

Palling around.
Reaction score
Seriously, I really hope MM is ready for TC and opening day!!! I can't wait to see who we draft, it'll be the first time in awhile I'm gonna be really stoked about our defense!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom