MNF crew (1 Viewer)

That play by play guy is gawd awful...

It is really hard to watch the game with that dude...

Funniest part was, every time he said MVP candidate for Mahomes, he fumbled or threw a pick...:smashfreakb:

ESPN Exec #1: We need an announcing crew that can keep people's attention for the entire game.
ESPN Exec #2: Do you know how hard that is? You can only get feign excitement for so long.
ESPN Exec #3: Wait I know a guy.

1542731707418.png

ESPN Exec #1: We need an announcing crew that can keep people's attention for the entire game.
ESPN Exec #2: Do you know how hard that is? You can only get feign excitement for so long.
ESPN Exec #3: Wait I know a guy.

1542731707418.png

I would have rather listened to 'ole JR talk about slobber knockers for 3 hours

The NFL should do like the NBA and have skyline camera behind the QB the entire game. No commentary just sound on the field and from the stands. It makes my brain hurt listening to the broadcasts.

The whole crew is terrible. Booger being the least terrible.

But that's what you get when you fire all of the high priced talent. There's a reason they were higher paid.

to be honest i like tony romo
I like Tony Romo so much more than when he was a cowgirl it’s kinda silly I overlooked the man and only saw a hated star on his helmet and gained satisfaction from his failures ( especially against US) but still, he speaks the game really well , he’s clever and he even brings good, goofy (Peyton-esque) vibes to his commercials)~! Turns out, he’s not such a bad dude after all. Football rivalries and various hatred run deeply but can be over come for example it broke my heart to see Alex Smith ( whom, he and his TE Vaughn something or other) brought us heartache and despair in our play-off game where they intentionally went after Pierre Thomas with a vicious hit from the S.F. Defense and Smith and (can’t recall the TE ‘ s last name to save me now) tore us apart offensively all game. I hated him then but hated worse to see his painful injury and hope he went into shock to prevent that pain from being excruciating. So, it just is human nature to hold these “enemies” at a distance and hold grudges against them for YEARS after they wronged or beat our SAINTS in ways we deem to think was intentional or we couldn’t stop them for whatever reasons. When, in truth, I harbor a real HATE for The Falcons and Cam Newton and was thrilled for us to beat the panties THREE times last year and grind their bones, just too bad we missed one tackle to send us packing and the minnie cats to go on and lose to an inferior team . That’s why THIS YEAR , has GOT to be OUR YEAR to WIN The LOMBARDI AGAIN~!

The whole crew is terrible. Booger being the least terrible.

But that's what you get when you fire all of the high priced talent. There's a reason they were higher paid.
PLEASE~! I can’t abide ANYONE nicknamed “BOOGER” any way you slice it~! PLUS, he doesn’t bring anything to that team of announcers from his cold assed seat on the camera crane~! He get’s in fans eye line and ruins many a spectator’s view sitting where he is and offers up nothing of interest to us for any reason at all. That whole crew stinks worse than what happened to the crew chief’s twin sister in “MARS” last night~!

It's a really amateurish crew. Now Strief and McAlllister are amateurish also, but in a charming way--and they are not doing national broadcasts. I am starting to actually like Strief with his obvious and almost out of control passion, and the chemistry between him and Deuce McAllister is really fun. Hokie, God rest his soul, was another amateur but a hilarious one.
Getting back to this dreadful Monday Night group, there is nothing of good quality there. Tessitore is barely tolerable. Witten just doesn't have it. McFarland shows some promise, but they need to get him out of that ridiculous contraption.
As much as I thought Howard Cosell was one of the most obnoxious citizens of this planet, he had a style and a high level of competance. Meridith was like a Gajan but at a higher level. Oh well, at least we don't have to listen to Dennis Miller and his arcane and obscure allusions.

Watching that flag festival last night nearly caused my stomach to turn. Every play, I was looking for the yellow box that's pops up on the screen showing "Flag." besides the sand lot style of bombs away on every play, the massive flags made the game almost unwatchable for me in the 2nd half. I am really glad the refs let the players play real playoff type football when we played the Rams.

Many of the PI calls last night were insane.

And the announcing is absolutely terrible. MNF used to have the best. Now it's like Clownville.

Edit: After the 2nd week of games, Coach Pete seriously but in a funny way said, "Ok, the new offensive strategy is to line-up your 4 fastest WRs, the QB says 'All you fast dudes, Go long as fast as you can and I'll throw a bomb to whoever looks open.' " Last nites game was not that far away from Pete's comment.

Last edited:
Overall, a below average crew. Witten is terrible. He does not belong on national TV. The only reason he has his position is that he played in Dallas.
I really think they were trying to piggyback off the success of Romo.

He is abysmal. The relentless captain obvious commentary is exhausting.

And then there is that hair piece.

I think that was only the 2nd Monday Night Game I've watched all season. I really couldn't believe how horrible they were.

I liked Booger on SEC network as an analyst, but he simply doubles down on the captain obvious commentary of Witten. It's an onslaught all night long.

I think that was only the 2nd Monday Night Game I've watched all season. I really couldn't believe how horrible they were.
The worst broadcast I've ever witnessed was the Giants Falcons game.

They literally uttered 'Giants need to make a stop here' at least 33 times.

Al, Frank and Dan from the late '80s/most of the '90s sounded like Murrow and Cronkite compared to the current crop. I'm used to hearing Tessatore announce either boxing or small-conference college football. He's straining to sound intelligent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom