Mobile phones 'more dangerous than smoking' (1 Viewer)

Dave

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Mobile phones could kill far more people than smoking or asbestos, a study by an award-winning cancer expert has concluded. He says people should avoid using them wherever possible and that governments and the mobile phone industry must take "immediate steps" to reduce exposure to their radiation.

The study, by Dr Vini Khurana, is the most devastating indictment yet published of the health risks.

It draws on growing evidence – exclusively reported in the IoS in October – that using handsets for 10 years or more can double the risk of brain cancer. Cancers take at least a decade to develop, invalidating official safety assurances based on earlier studies which included

Earlier this year, the French government warned against the use of mobile phones, especially by children. Germany also advises its people to minimise handset use, and the European Environment Agency has called for exposures to be reduced.

Professor Khurana – a top neurosurgeon who has received 14 awards over the past 16 years, has published more than three dozen scientific papers – reviewed more than 100 studies on the effects of mobile phones. He has put the results on a brain surgery website, and a paper based on the research is currently being peer-reviewed for publication in a scientific journal.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...us-than-smoking-or-asbestos-802602.html?r=RSS

well you're not supposed to EAT them

but i haven't yet seen anything that says you're not supposed to SMOKE them. hmm

Last edited:
man i haven't made a phone call on a land line phone in probably 3 years..... maybe that's why my brain always hurts!!

I now have a legitimate excuse as to why I don't answer my boss's calls.

what are the second hand effects?? and how long before i can't use my cell phone in a restaurant???

I guess I'm not in danger. My March stats:

Anytime Minutes
Used 41 of 450

Night/Weekend Minutes
Used 42 of 5,000

Mobile to Mobile Minutes
UNLIMITED
Used 19 of Unlimited

Rollover Minutes
Used 0 of 4,171

Anytime Minutes
Used 41 of 450

Night/Weekend Minutes
Used 42 of 5,000

Mobile to Mobile Minutes
UNLIMITED
Used 19 of Unlimited

Rollover Minutes
Used 0 of 4,171

Only 102 minutes of tempting Death. And encouraging the person on the other end of the conversation to do the same. :hihi:

Anytime Minutes
Used 41 of 450

Night/Weekend Minutes
Used 42 of 5,000

Mobile to Mobile Minutes
UNLIMITED
Used 19 of Unlimited

Rollover Minutes
Used 0 of 4,171

Well, at least you're cutting back and may not have to get on some new medication to curb use.:hihi:

I guess we write off all those kids that's using them in high schools and below then.

Until it makes me smell like an ashtray that someone crapped in, I couldn't care less.

Anytime Minutes
Used 41 of 450

Night/Weekend Minutes
Used 42 of 5,000

Mobile to Mobile Minutes
UNLIMITED
Used 19 of Unlimited

Rollover Minutes
Used 0 of 4,171

Never fear, at your rate, you'll get it in 20, not 10. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom