Mock Draft 1.0 Feel free to rip it apart... (1 Viewer)

This is the second mock I've seen in the last couple days when there isn't a DT selected in the first 3 picks. A Schein and Solly Wilcots also had their mock and no DT in the first 3 picks....they had C Long, J Long and Matt Ryan go first 3 picks. That means the Saints might have a chance moving up, and get one of the 2 DTs between the 4th and 9th pick

Dorsey as the 10th pick would be too good to be true--but I hope you're right. The most important thing the Saints can do is to bolster the pass rush and their ability to stop the run.

Chris, I agreed with you before about Dorsey falling to 10 and I stll do.
But, like you pointed out, that's without trades. And we know that some trades will take place.
If Dorsey is announced as the Saints pick, I'll be a happy man.

Not sure about Rivers falling though.
Plus, with FA alot will change leading up to the draft.

I've noticed numerous mocks that have Phillips falling. I had been wondering if something had happened that I haven't heard.

There is no reason for him falling, people just don't want to make up there mind he'll probally be a very high pick with a good combine though, but It would be great for him to be there at pick 40 somehow.

It really looks possible for Dorsey to fall, and even more possible becuase New England probally would not take Ellis.

I would love it if Dorsey dropped. And it's not out of the question. The combine and free agency will put hings in better perspective. Who knows, what if a guy like Dan connor blows it up at the combine. What if Kenny Phillips puts himself back in the top tier of the draft. What if Chris Long tests out poorly. Who signs Briggs, Asante, etc. Lets see what happens when all the dusts clear.

Nothing. Your probably referring to Mel Kiper, who had him being picked at number 9 in December, and out of the 1st round in January. He and Mayock have been all over the map.

The combine will make things alot clearer.

These guys throw a bunch of stuff against the wall so on draft day they can say "back in my____________mock, I had _______________going right there. I dont know how these guys get paid so much to guess.

every year someone slides out of the top 10. This year I think the big slider is McFadden.

every year someone slides out of the top 10. This year I think the big slider is McFadden.

I can somewhat agree with that. I actually believe he might slide to and had a few draft scenarios where that occurred. It will depend on what Miami does at #1. If Miami takes Ryan, Atlanta might take McFadden to put fans in the stands. But if Miami takes Chris Long, Atlanta will likely take Ryan, which will, in turn, cause McFadden to slide. The Jets could take him or they could opt to pass on him.

I can somewhat agree with that. I actually believe he might slide to and had a few draft scenarios where that occurred. It will depend on what Miami does at #1. If Miami takes Ryan, Atlanta might take McFadden to put fans in the stands. But if Miami takes Chris Long, Atlanta will likely take Ryan, which will, in turn, cause McFadden to slide. The Jets could take him or they could opt to pass on him.

I just can't see the Jets taking him with Thomas Jones on board and their defense in shambles. Nothing would surprise me with the Jets, since they have been historically unpredictable in the first round, so they may take him to deflect some of the heat Mangini is starting to feel. And I think McFadden's warts will start to show once teams start digging deep researching him, which won't bode well for McFadden since it is such a deep draft at RB.

Anyone know more clearly whether the Cows would part with their 2 firsts for D-Mac?

Other than getting Ellis or Dorsey (edit - without giving up the house in a trade), this is my ideal scenario

Anyone know more clearly whether the Cows would part with their 2 firsts for D-Mac?

Other than getting Ellis or Dorsey (edit - without giving up the house in a trade), this is my ideal scenario

All I know is that Jerry Jones in on record about how much he loves McFadden and will do whatever it takes to get him, or at least thats what my Cowboys homer friend told me. He had to of heard it somewhere. He wouldn't just make it up. Maybe someone can verify this.

What I don't see is the Cowboys waiting until 10 to pick him. I believe those two first rounders are valued more around the 8th or 9th pick.

RealChrism,

Just a couple of comments:

a) For the patriots, I always thought that Gholston is the ideal player for them, he fits them perfectly for his style and their need. I agree Gholston can go earlier and this time and maybe the patriots will be tempted to try to trade up and get him. We know they like to move on draft day.

Now, in case that Gholston is gone, if both players are healthy, I wonder if the patriots would prefer Dorsey over Ellis. Seems for what I read that Ellis is more suited to play the nose and I think that the patriots are quiet settled there with Wilfork. Dorsey may be a better choice because he may be effective as an End on a 3-4 base, and can be insurance if anything happened to Richard Seymour or Ty Warren. Surely Ellis can do that too, but if healthy Dorsey may be better for that position.

b) Another comment, if the draft goes the way you are predicting, I can see a possible trade between the broncos and ravens. The broncos biggest need is at the defensive line where they can't get enough pressure, and would like to jump the bengals and saints who may pick defensive line too. They may offer Javon Walker for switching positions. Broncos would not loose anything since they want to get rid of Walker and would get a better lineman. The ravens may get the same cornerback they were targeting, only cheaper, and finally get a go-to-guy for whoever will be playing quaterback in Baltimore.

The bengals really need defensive linemen, if they pick a defensive end they will be making a favour to the saints, but still I don't see a lof of possibilities of us getting Dorsey or Ellis. They are too valuable to last until the 10th. pick.

As of now, being too early on the game, I think the saints will pick either a corner or a linebacker. Time will tell.

If I am not mistaken, there was a recent report that came out and suggested that the Cowboys were not planning to move up to take McFadden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom