Mock draft 4.0 (1 Viewer)

As of today, I’m thinking my best case looks something like:

*Saints trade 2021 2nd for a 2020 3rd

R1: LB Patrick Queen, LSU
R3: WR Michael Pittman Jr, USC
R3: OL Robert Hunt, ULL
R4: CB Amik Robertson, LA Tech
R5: WR KJ Hill, Ohio State

Would LOVE to see us land Michael Pittman Jr, but I think he goes in the top 50 somewhere. That dude has size and knows how to use it. He's a developing route runner, has flypaper hands, he aced the athletic tests, and it all this shows up on his film. Pittman isnt as flashy or splashy as the the name brand WRs coming in, but in terms of making clutch plays, moving the chains to keep drives alive, and redzone mismatches at the pro level, Pittman' exactly what the new NFL wants. I think his pro comp would be Keenan Allen, but to me, he's also very Michael Thomas-like when we drafted him out of Ohio St. In our system, Michael Pittman Jr would be a star. Teams like us, Philly, Green Bay and Seattle in the 1st, and Cinci, Indy, Carolina, Houston, and the Jets in the 2nd would be killer fits for his style of football. In my opinion, Pittman Jr is a big play possession receiver who can threaten teams vertically w/his route running and deceptive speed, a la Mike T and Keenan Allen. In the right system Pittman Jr has all the traits of a true WR1, and I think the NFL quietly knows it. I think Pittman Jr and Winfield Jr couldend up being surprise 1st RDers this year.

Would LOVE to see us land Michael Pittman Jr, but I think he goes in the top 50 somewhere. That dude has size and knows how to use it. He's a developing route runner, has flypaper hands, he aced the athletic tests, and it all this shows up on his film. Pittman isnt as flashy or splashy as the the name brand WRs coming in, but in terms of making clutch plays, moving the chains to keep drives alive, and redzone mismatches at the pro level, Pittman' exactly what the new NFL wants. I think his pro comp would be Keenan Allen, but to me, he's also very Michael Thomas-like when we drafted him out of Ohio St. In our system, Michael Pittman Jr would be a star. Teams like us, Philly, Green Bay and Seattle in the 1st, and Cinci, Indy, Carolina, Houston, and the Jets in the 2nd would be killer fits for his style of football. In my opinion, Pittman Jr is a big play possession receiver who can threaten teams vertically w/his route running and deceptive speed, a la Mike T and Keenan Allen. In the right system Pittman Jr has all the traits of a true WR1, and I think the NFL quietly knows it. I think Pittman Jr and Winfield Jr couldend up being surprise 1st RDers this year.
Hopefully we'll have another CJ Gardner-Johnson fall into our laps. Also if we assume Pittman is gone, you can just say that pick is someone like Claypool, Hamler, or Peoples-Jones. Whichever WR they could be targeting on that area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom