Mock draft 7.0 with 2 FA signings & updated depth chart (2 Viewers)

Just not a fan of Kenneth Murray. Not a fan of linebackers with poor instincts, especially in the first round. That's a kiss of death, as are tight hips on a cornerback.
I know many have made comparisons of Murray to Stephone Anthony which is valid. But I am reminded of Mark Fields who had all the measurables of speed and agility. His biggest problem was the inability to diagnose a play to the point that the delay negated his physical abilities. The opposite was strong safety, Sammy Knight. He had marginal measurables but more than made up for it with his ability to diagnose quickly and always making a quick first step to the right spot. Sammy was a playmaker.

Deguara hasn’t played full back, so he’s really drafting a tight end. He’s kind of small to play tight end, but Dallas Clark was too. Most think he will play fullback/TE/H-back. Coach is known to play hybrid like Taysom who also plays some QB/WR/TE/H-back. Not many fullbacks are drafted. And no one would of ever drafted a hybrid player like Taysom, but now some might cause it’s a copy cat league. And cause of the success last year of fullback Kyle Juszczyk with the 9ers a team that uses fullbacks, ala Saints, might look to copy that. It wouldn’t of happened previously cause we haven’t seen a fullback used like Juszczyk. We also have what maybe 10 WRs on the roster, but we probably will draft one of them.

And I have no idea if Hilbers could play guard and I wouldn’t want him to cause we already have 3 guys that can backup at guard. Who you gonna cut out of Easton, Clapp, and Tom for a rookie? Does no one think Clapp could possibly be a future starter or am I the only one?

I'm interested in Tommy Stevens, QB for Mississippi State. He was stuck behind Trace McSorley on the depth chart at Penn State; but when he played mop-up he looked as good as McSorley, if not better. But McSorley was the acknowledged leader of that time, so barring injury to McSorley, there was no opportunity there. But he was good enough that the PSU OC (Joe Morehead) looked for ways to get him on the field with McSorley. Stevens was the PSU swiss army knife before we knew what Taysom could do. And when the PSU OC (Joe Morehead) left PSU to take the Mississippi State HC job, Tommy Stevens went with him. I lost track of him after that, as my football attentions are reserved for PSU and NO Saints, but recently became re-aware. I'd like to see the Saints take a flyer on Stevens....might not even have to draft him, as it looks like he projects to be UDFA.

IF we signed him, I think it might be a tip of the hand that Payton DOES see TH7 as a future franchise QB for the Saints; as Stevens is VERY SIMILAR to TH7 and can probably do everything TH7 can do. Only question will be "can he do it as well as TH7?"

I'm not ready to anoint TH7 as DB9 successor, but I do want to see him get the opportunity to win that COMPETITION. And I think it would go a long way to tell us Saints fans how CSP truly sees TH7 in the future, if we drafted/signed Tommy Stevens as a near carbon copy of TH7. JMO...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom