Mock Draft: Pass Rushers Dropping because of Free Agency (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you look at a lot of mock drafts most teams they had picking a pass rusher ahead of us have invested money into free agent pass rushers meaning more will fall to us.

Eagles - They signed connor barwin to a 6 year deal. Trent cole played 3-4 olb in college so it looks like they are going with cole and barwin as their OLBs in their new scheme.

Browns - Spent a lot of money on paul kruger and jabaal sheard has been very productive so they wouldnt have made the change to a 3-4 without thinking he could make the switch. they will go with kruger and sheard as their OLB's

This will make 2 more pass rushers drop

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - LT - Will most likely trade down because they dont need 1 player but maybe an OT and DE, but if they stay put I see them going either joeckel or floyd

2. Jaguars - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - the jaguars run a terrible 2 gap in a 4-3, there defensive ends need to be able to pass rush and stop the run by having double gap responsibility, werner could be the pick but ansah has much more upside

3. Raiders - Geno Smith - QB - While I think sharrif floyd would be the better pick carson palmer isnt getting it done so its time for them to restart and get their QB. Reports are saying the raiders really love geno smith

4. Eagles - Sharrif Floyd - DT/DE - Switching to a 3-4 they already have both their OLBs in cole and barwin, they released cullen jenkins and need some help at Dline and ILB but no ILB is worth the pick here, they get a steal with Floyd right here. Dee milliner is a possibility but floyd is just way too good to pass up.

5. Lions - Bjoern Werner - DE - The lions run a 4-3 and while they need Oline help they drafted reiley reif last year and will give him another year, after losing avril and KVB they need a DE bad, werner is a good solid pickup who can get to the QB and play the run

6. Browns - dee milliner - CB - Becoming a very good team, good Oline, RB, great Defense, could really use a WR but no one is good enough for this early of a pick, the thought of adding dee milliner to joe haden and making their already good defense one of the best in the league w the addition of kruger looks nice. If the Eagles were to take Milliner at 4 i'd have the Browns taking Floyd for their 3-4.

7. Cardinals - Matt Barkley - QB - While I know their o line is terrible reports are saying they are looking for a QB and are in love with matt barkley and think he is the most ready nfl QB in the draft.

8. Bills - Ryan Nassib - QB - Bills have already publicly stated they are looking for a QB, Eric Fisher is a possibility here but I believe with the Bills newly leaked info about how much they dislike their current QB they will look to upgrade it round 1.

9. Jets - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - Its between mingo and dion jordan, the reason I went with mingo is because rex ryan runs a super aggressive defense and while jordan is the better overall prospect i think rex goes with mingo because of his blazing speed and potential to have the next demarcus ware.

10. Titans - Chance Warmack - OG - The best guard prospect in 10 years, the kid is a bull and the titans badly need guard help, DE is a possibility but i dont see anyone worth of the spot, same goes for CB

11. Chargers - Eric Fisher - LT - I absolutely hate that fisher drops this far, he could be even better than joeckel, chargers have been dying for a LT and get an elite one here.

12. Dolphins - Lane Johnson - LT - Dolphins would have loved to land ansah or werner for their new 4-3 scheme to put opposite of cameron wake to wreak havoc but they couldnt land one of them. With Jake Long gone they need LT help. Think they go WR in round 2.

13. Bucs - Desmond Trufant - CB - The bucs need a CB more than any team in the league, while some people have them taking a DT i think they are good enough with mccoy and would be better to address the CB position, they have no one.

14. Panthers - Star Lotoulelei - DT - I hate that the panthers get one of the best players in the draft who should be a top 5 pick but fell because of heart conditions. They desperately need a DT and get a stud to keep luke keuchly clean who is looking like a very good linebacker

15. Saints - Dion Jordan - OLB - Saints have addressed the CB position and plan on starting gallette as the olb pass rusher, they need a SOLB who can rush the pass, play the run and cover fast tight ends like gonzales and greg olsen in our division. Jordan put on 15 pounds since the season and lost no speed, i think with a full off season he can add a little more weight and be an incredible pick for us.

16. Rams - Cordarelle Patterson - WR
17. Steelers - Jarvis Jones
18. Cowboys - Kenny Vacaro
19. Giants - Eddie Lacey
20. Bears - Alec Ogletree - MLB
21. Bengals - Alex Okafor
22. Rams - Johnathan Cooper - OG
23. Vikings - Tavon Austin
24. Colts - Xavier Rhodes
25. Vikings - Sheldon Richardson
26. Packers - DJ Fluker
27. Texans - Johnathan Hankins
28. Broncos - Damontre Moore
29. Patriots - Barrette Jones
30. Failcons - Alex Okafor
31. 49ers - Datone Jones
32. Ravens - Manti Teo

Id much rather have jarvis jones in that mock... I like dion jordan and he would be the choice if jones is off the board.

Id much rather have jarvis jones in that mock... I like dion jordan and he would be the choice if jones is off the board.

Reason i took dion instead of jarvis is because jarvis is too small to play strong side IMO, he would be our blitz backer where we just signed gallette, jordan is bigger and can cover tight ends and is big enough to play the run strong side.

Reason i took dion instead of jarvis is because jarvis is too small to play strong side IMO, he would be our blitz backer where we just signed gallette, jordan is bigger and can cover tight ends and is big enough to play the run strong side.

Considering that Jones is a heck of alot bigger (not taller) stronger I would have to disagree with your reasoning. No way do you pass on Jones.

7. Cardinals - Matt Barkley - OLB - While I know their o line is terrible reports are saying they are looking for a QB and are in love with matt barkley and think he is the most ready nfl QB in the draft

:scratch:

Considering that Jones is a heck of alot bigger (not taller) stronger I would have to disagree with your reasoning. No way do you pass on Jones.

jarvis jones - 6"2 245
dion jordan - 6"6 248 - dion jordan put on about 15 pounds from the end of the season to the combine with a bum shoulder, when healthy i could see him adding another 15 being 6"6 260-265

haha thanks, how u like the mock?

I'll admit i know little to nothing about most college players when it comes to stuff like mocks. From what i do know its seems legit. The only think I dont agree with is Geno going that high but then I remember its the Raiders so its very possible.

If you look at a lot of mock drafts most teams they had picking a pass rusher ahead of us have invested money into free agent pass rushers meaning more will fall to us.

Eagles - They signed connor barwin to a 6 year deal. Trent cole played 3-4 olb in college so it looks like they are going with cole and barwin as their OLBs in their new scheme.

Browns - Spent a lot of money on paul kruger and jabaal sheard has been very productive so they wouldnt have made the change to a 3-4 without thinking he could make the switch. they will go with kruger and sheard as their OLB's

This will make 2 more pass rushers drop

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - LT - Will most likely trade down because they dont need 1 player but maybe an OT and DE, but if they stay put I see them going either joeckel or floyd

2. Jaguars - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - the jaguars run a terrible 2 gap in a 4-3, there defensive ends need to be able to pass rush and stop the run by having double gap responsibility, werner could be the pick but ansah has much more upside

3. Raiders - Geno Smith - QB - While I think sharrif floyd would be the better pick carson palmer isnt getting it done so its time for them to restart and get their QB. Reports are saying the raiders really love geno smith

4. Eagles - Sharrif Floyd - DT/DE - Switching to a 3-4 they already have both their OLBs in cole and barwin, they released cullen jenkins and need some help at Dline and ILB but no ILB is worth the pick here, they get a steal with Floyd right here. Dee milliner is a possibility but floyd is just way too good to pass up.

5. Lions - Bjoern Werner - DE - The lions run a 4-3 and while they need Oline help they drafted reiley reif last year and will give him another year, after losing avril and KVB they need a DE bad, werner is a good solid pickup who can get to the QB and play the run

6. Browns - dee milliner - CB - Becoming a very good team, good Oline, RB, great Defense, could really use a WR but no one is good enough for this early of a pick, the thought of adding dee milliner to joe haden and making their already good defense one of the best in the league w the addition of kruger looks nice. If the Eagles were to take Milliner at 4 i'd have the Browns taking Floyd for their 3-4.

7. Cardinals - Matt Barkley - QB - While I know their o line is terrible reports are saying they are looking for a QB and are in love with matt barkley and think he is the most ready nfl QB in the draft.

8. Bills - Ryan Nassib - QB - Bills have already publicly stated they are looking for a QB, Eric Fisher is a possibility here but I believe with the Bills newly leaked info about how much they dislike their current QB they will look to upgrade it round 1.

9. Jets - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - Its between mingo and dion jordan, the reason I went with mingo is because rex ryan runs a super aggressive defense and while jordan is the better overall prospect i think rex goes with mingo because of his blazing speed and potential to have the next demarcus ware.

10. Titans - Chance Warmack - OG - The best guard prospect in 10 years, the kid is a bull and the titans badly need guard help, DE is a possibility but i dont see anyone worth of the spot, same goes for CB

11. Chargers - Eric Fisher - LT - I absolutely hate that fisher drops this far, he could be even better than joeckel, chargers have been dying for a LT and get an elite one here.

12. Dolphins - Lane Johnson - LT - Dolphins would have loved to land ansah or werner for their new 4-3 scheme to put opposite of cameron wake to wreak havoc but they couldnt land one of them. With Jake Long gone they need LT help. Think they go WR in round 2.

13. Bucs - Desmond Trufant - CB - The bucs need a CB more than any team in the league, while some people have them taking a DT i think they are good enough with mccoy and would be better to address the CB position, they have no one.

14. Panthers - Star Lotoulelei - DT - I hate that the panthers get one of the best players in the draft who should be a top 5 pick but fell because of heart conditions. They desperately need a DT and get a stud to keep luke keuchly clean who is looking like a very good linebacker

15. Saints - Dion Jordan - OLB - Saints have addressed the CB position and plan on starting gallette as the olb pass rusher, they need a SOLB who can rush the pass, play the run and cover fast tight ends like gonzales and greg olsen in our division. Jordan put on 15 pounds since the season and lost no speed, i think with a full off season he can add a little more weight and be an incredible pick for us.

16. Rams - Cordarelle Patterson - WR
17. Steelers - Jarvis Jones
18. Cowboys - Kenny Vacaro
19. Giants - Eddie Lacey
20. Bears - Alec Ogletree - MLB
21. Bengals - Alex Okafor
22. Rams - Johnathan Cooper - OG
23. Vikings - Tavon Austin
24. Colts - Xavier Rhodes
25. Vikings - Sheldon Richardson
26. Packers - DJ Fluker
27. Texans - Johnathan Hankins
28. Broncos - Damontre Moore
29. Patriots - Barrette Jones
30. Failcons - Tank Carradine
31. 49ers - Datone Jones
32. Ravens - Manti Teo
I was watching espn and they had the GM of the Radiers and he said they were heavily interested in sherrif Floyd, but that could just be a smokescreen.

As long as the mind-set of the Saints front office is that we need a pass rusher, we should be o.k.----but there is no telling where we will go with our pick.

I agree with the pick if he's there but I don't know if you draft a SOLB that high. He would be great at the position but would he be more valuable rushing the passer with Galette subbing in? Also, how many of these guys are an improvement over Galette? I'd have to say none of them are definite improvements but Jordan and Ansah are potentially better. Jones and Mingo have serious red flags in my eyes and I'm talking just on field play and not Jones medical history.

But if Jordan or Ansah are there I hope that's the pick. Otherwise, I'm pulling for Tavon Austin, Fisher, or trading back.

I agree with the pick if he's there but I don't know if you draft a SOLB that high. He would be great at the position but would he be more valuable rushing the passer with Galette subbing in? Also, how many of these guys are an improvement over Galette? I'd have to say none of them are definite improvements but Jordan and Ansah are potentially better. Jones and Mingo have serious red flags in my eyes and I'm talking just on field play and not Jones medical history.

But if Jordan or Ansah are there I hope that's the pick. Otherwise, I'm pulling for Tavon Austin, Fisher, or trading back.

well in rob ryans 3-4 he basically rushes both olbs 75% of the time basically maing the 3-4 a 5-2 having 5 players blitzing 75% of the plays so dion jordan would still be blitzing 75% of the time and covering the tight end 25% of the time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom