-Chevis Jackson CB LSU

5th round
-Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconson
could drop this far after knee injury

6th round
-BPA
7th Round
-BPA

I like the first 3 picks, think we go CB, LB, DT in the first 3 rounds (not in that order of selection) with the intent to get some young starters, I think Rivers is a good option with the first pick cause teams usually find there DT's and Corners in the later rounds so I think Corner can wait till the 2nd and DT can wait till the 3rd (my opinion) someone else might think #10 is the best place to get a corner or dt.

I really just don't see Rivers as a top 20 pick, much less top 10. Not being able to run or do agility drills at the combine will hurt his stock, not because of anything he did, but because alot of other LB's are lighting it up today.

I also don't see Lofton lasting until our 2nd pick after running a 4.7 with his size and strength at the combine today.

3rd Round
-Frank Okam DT Texas

Okam weighed in at the combine at a very sloppy 345. He then told one of the NFL Network guys that he wants to play at around 320-325. To which the NFL Network guy said, "so why did you show up at 345?"

No thanks

I really dont think we are going to go defense for all of our first 4 picks, along with grossly needing a linebacker and a DT we also need a receiver after the Meachem bust. Also with the skeptical performance of Reggie this past season and the unknown future of a busted Deuce we may be looking to take a running back as well. Not everything is about defense, i think our first rounder will either be a trade or BPA even if it ends up being someone lke DeSean Jackson. Stop looking at everything so one sided, Payton is an extremely biased to the offensive side of the ball and i would not surprise me in the least to see us take an offensive player as much as everyone would hate it

I really dont think we are going to go defense for all of our first 4 picks, along with grossly needing a linebacker and a DT we also need a receiver after the Meachem bust. Also with the skeptical performance of Reggie this past season and the unknown future of a busted Deuce we may be looking to take a running back as well. Not everything is about defense, i think our first rounder will either be a trade or BPA even if it ends up being someone lke DeSean Jackson. Stop looking at everything so one sided, Payton is an extremely biased to the offensive side of the ball and i would not surprise me in the least to see us take an offensive player as much as everyone would hate it

Meachem is not a bust, and we have no idea how "biased" Payton is to the offensive side of the ball. That cliche is getting old

I agree...If Matt Forte is there in round two, the Saints have to seriously consider him. He is the next Deuce McAllister.

Okam weighed in at the combine at a very sloppy 345. He then told one of the NFL Network guys that he wants to play at around 320-325. To which the NFL Network guy said, "so why did you show up at 345?"

No thanks

I agree. He would have been better off not showing up. DT Sims also didn't look good to me.

How could Meachem be a bust if he hasn't even suited up yet? He was injured most of the season.

I agree...If Matt Forte is there in round two, the Saints have to seriously consider him. He is the next Deuce McAllister.

Why would we get the "next" Deuce when we still have the first Deuce? Not to mention Reggie Bush and a very promising Pierre Thomas.

No thanks

It is amazing at such a critical point in their careers, these guys send this kind of message. You'd have to conclude that the player has questionable work ethics. If anything, pull a Sullivan and look very promising until after you're picked and signed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom