(Mock) NFL Expansion Draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Bogotá, Colombia - via - Metairie, LA, USA
Hey guys, being that it is a down time of the year, I thought I'd play a little game with y'all. I was reading how the NFL may still want to expand, and it got me thinking about what our FO would do in the situation of an expansion draft ala 2002 with the Texans.

The 2002 rules are simple:

- Each NFL team must list five players that can be selected, but a) they cannot be a kicker/punter, b) cannot be entering free agency after the season, and c) cannot be coming off injured reserve from the previous year.

***Bc the expansion draft takes place before the college draft, the rookies this year are not possible in this hypothetical scenario.***

Here are the players that would be available according to that criteria. So if we were faced with something like this today, who do you think the Saints would list as their 5 available players?

OL:
T. Armstead
L. Warford
N. Easton
W. Clapp
R. Ramczyk

DL:
C. Jordan
M. Brown
M. Davenport
T. Stallworth
T. Hendrickson
M. Edwards
S. Rankins

LB:
D. Davis
C. Robertson
A. Anzalone

DB:
P. Robinson
C. Banjo
M. Williams
M. Lattimore

TE:
J. Cook
J. Hill

RB:
L. Murray
A. Kamara

WR:
T. Smith

My picks:
- DE Trey Hendrickson
- OL Will Clapp
- TE Josh Hill
- S Chris Banjo
- DL Taylor Stallworth

I agree with the selections of Hendrickson, Clapp, Hill, Banjo and Stallworth.

Do you think Stallworth provides more overall or simple bc you think DL is more important?

I think Banjo’s abilities on special teams outweighs Stallworth’s on D, but thoss were the 2 I was debating with.
I believe we have beefed up the special teams enough to where we could let Banjo go. We need to keep as many D-Lineman as we can due to the fact that we don't have Rankins until probably after midseason and Oneyemata waiting on suspension. This is all predicated on if we were to have an expansion draft this season. Now if it were a couple of years down the road, things could be different.

I would choose Nick Easton as one of the five, but he would actually not be eligible because he was on IR last year all season with the Vikings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom