Mock Offseason Attempt (1 Viewer)

DrudkhFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm going to do the entire draft until our 2nd rd. pick, then after that I'll just guess who we get for rounds 3-7.

New Contracts:Colston,Will Smith, Evans,

Resign: Jeff Faine,David Patten, Billy Miller,Martin Gramatica

FA: DT Corey Williams

CB Drayton Florence

*Trade: With McFadden on the board at 7, Dallas trades 2 first round picks (22,28) and a 4th, for Pats Round one pick (10).

Saint's trade round 6 pick for Bobby Carpenter LB from Dallas,maybe Carpenter can do well here in a 4-3, it is worth a shot, if he fails though he probally wouldn't be worse than what we have.

1) Miami: Chris Long
Miami needs almost everything but I think they will lake Long

2)St Louis:Jake Long
They need help on the offensive line

3) Oakland:Glenn Dorsey
I'm pretty sure Warren Sapp retired so they will need a DT badly

4)Atlanta:Matt Ryan
They need a QB

5)Kansas City: Cedric Ellis
Yeah, I hate them too.

6)New York(Jets):Vernon Gholston
He can play 3-4 OLB for them

7)Dallas: Darren McFadden
Dallas traded up to get him.

8)Ravens:Brian Brohm
A QB alone could possibly turn them back into a playoff team

9)Cincinnati:Keith Rivers
Their defense is terrible so they go with the best defenseine player on the board, and I believe that is Rivers

10)New Orleans: Dominique-Rodgers Cromarite
It's a reach at this point, but I think it will be worth it
Dominique%20Rodgers-Cromartie,%20Tennessee%20State.jpg

11)Buffalo:Malcolm Kelly WR

12)Denver:Kentwan Balmer DT

13)Carolina:Kenny Phillips FS

14)Chicago:Ryan Clady OT

15)Detroit:Sam Baker OT

16)Arizona:Jonathan Stewart RB

17)Minnesota: Derrick Harvey DE

18)Houston: Mike Jenkins CB

19)Philadelphia:Calais Campbell DE

20)Tampa Bay: Desean Jackson WR

21)Washington:Early Doucet WR

22)New England: Aquib Talib CB

23)Pittsburgh:Jeff Otah OT

24)Tennessee:James Hardy WR

25)Seattle:Rashard Mendenhall RB

26)Jacksonville:Ali Highsmith OLB

27)Chargers:Leodis McKelvin CB

28)New England: Dan Connor LB

29)49ers:Andre Caldwell

30)Packers: Fred Davis TE

31)Giants:Reggie Smith S

Round 2:

32)Miani:Andre Woodson

33)Rams:Erin Henderson OLB

34)Atlanta:Felix Jones RB

35)Kansas City:Antoine Cason CB

36)Jets:Quentin Groves DE/OLB

37)Oakland:Mario Manningham WR

38)49ers:Limas Tweed WR

39)Ravens:Tracy Porter CB

40)New Orleans: Curtis Lofton LB
We need a LB, and Lofton fell to us in the 2nd round we can't pass him up
ncf_u_lofton_195.jpg

The rest of the Saint's picks:

Round 3:Eddie Royal WR
Payton just couldn't resist
vatech.jpg

Round 4:Kellen Davis TE
another target for Brees
350788.jpg

Round 5: Dominique Barber S
Marrion Barber's bother, he could end up being really good
p1fbsb1113F.jpg

Round 6)Carlton Powell DT

Round 7:Jack Ikegwuonu CB
Because of injury he won't be able to play year one, but I have a feeling we might be something special after he comes back
53764.jpg

Undrafted Free Agents: We should look for a fast DE pass rusher for 3rd/4th and long, and maybe a RB to replace Aaron Stecker, Colt Brennan
2006-11-07-colt.jpg

Deph Chart for the Mock 08 season(if MM is still injured):

Offense:
QB: Drew Brees, Colt Brennan
RB: Duece/Reggie, Piere Thomas
WR1:Colston
WR2:Robert Meachem
WR3: David Patten/Moore
WR4:Eddie Royal/Skyler Green
TE1:Kellen Davis
TE2:Billy Miller
LT:Zach Strief
LG:Andy Alleman(if he is ready)
C:Jeff Faine
RG:Jhari Evans
RT:Jammal Brown

Defense:
RE: Will Smith
DT:Hollis Thomas,Carlton Powell
DT:Corey Williams
LE:Charles Grant
ROLB:Bobby Carpenter
MLB:Curtis Lofton
LOLB:Fujita
CB: Drayton Florence,Usama Young
CB:Jason David,Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
FSKevin Kaesviharn,Dominique Barber
SS:Roman Harper

K: Martin Gramatica
P: Steve Weatherford
KR/PR: Skyler Green

I hope It isn't too unrealistic, please don't be too mad at my picks it's my first try at a mock draft. I hope the edit is a little better than it was

Last edited:
It's not entirely unthinkable that McFadden falls; he's a total wild card here. He could go #1 or fall out of the top 10, but the real question is why wouldn't Cincy or New England or even Baltimore pull the trigger on a trade if McFadden starts falling? New England's got no real needs and this is a deep year for CBs; they could still get one of Jenkins, Talib, Cromartie or McKelvin later on and still get another player; they'd love to stick it to the league after having their 1st round pick taken away.

Goff in round 6? How did his stock all of a sudden start plummeting? Maybe round 3, but 6?

Cromartie might be a stellar pick at #10; there's much to be discovered on him.

I don't know exactly what New England would ask for Dallas' pick, and I'm not sure if Dallas would be willing to make the trade if the price is too high.

I have no idea why I put Goff there, but I replaced him with Carlton Powell DT for Virginia Tech.
54551883.jpg

As of right right now I think that Cromartie is a 2nd round pick, but you are right he could end up being worthy of pick 10 eventually.

Last edited:
wow, that's a lot of work. my only question: is Dan Connor on the list? and if not, can the Saints have him at 28?

I didn't even notice that I didn't but Connor in there that's another mistake thanks for warning me.

Lol, first of all why would Denver or Carolina pass on Kenny Phillips. And if the Panthers were to draft safety, why would they choose Reggie Smith over Kenny? Colt Brennan should go undrafted. Jonathan Goff is too good to last untill the 6th round. I still think we should draft a LB(Shawn Crable/Jerod Mayo) in the 2nd round

Wow, I love this mock off-season.

We would be upgrading our team at every spot. Good job!!!!!

Colt Brennan will likely go undrafted after the senior bowl he had.
Jack Ikegwuonu is going in the 1st round to the Lions (15) in PFW's first mock, so I doubt he's there at our 7th.
Otherwise nice job. That's really my ideal scenario that McFadden falls to us and we can trade down for a nice deal, and DRC falls to us in the 2nd because of small school doubts.

Sorry, but this is not a very good mock draft. McFadden will not fall to #10, Henne is a 3rd rounder at best and no way Limas Tweed is taken before Doucet.

I think the biggest thing for us is to wait and see at this point. Forget who is picking in front of us because the teams as well as there needs could change depending on FA and trades. Lets look at who is a top ten player for a minute
McFadden
Long
Long
Dorsey
Ellis
Gholston
I need some help from here.......

Lofton & Cromartie!!!

That's a great draft right there...they'd both start from the 1st day.

It's not entirely unthinkable that McFadden falls; he's a total wild card here. He could go #1 or fall out of the top 10, but the real question is why wouldn't Cincy or New England or even Baltimore pull the trigger on a trade if McFadden starts falling? New England's got no real needs and this is a deep year for CBs; they could still get one of Jenkins, Talib, Cromartie or McKelvin later on and still get another player; they'd love to stick it to the league after having their 1st round pick taken away.
That's exactly what I have been thinking. Cincy needs an entire defense and would likely love to trade down also, as will NE, as you pointed out above.

Great job, I would love for your predictions to come true, but I don't think the Saints will be that lucky.

If it worked out that way, it would be awesome.

But based on Cromartie's play in senior bowl and his potential 40 time, I think he is going to be a mid to late first round pick. Therefore the 22nd pick should be cromartie, Lofton at 28, as of now, seems fine, so for the second round pick? Forte maybe? Laws possibly? My preference would be Pat Sims.

I think it needs some editing after reading some of these posts.

I think Jack Ikegwuonu dropped down because of a serious injury, I might be wrong though.

Goff in round 6? How did his stock all of a sudden start plummeting? Maybe round 3, but 6?

Cromartie might be a stellar pick at #10; there's much to be discovered on him.

If McFadden falls to #10 look for the phone to be ringing in the war room of the Saints on draft day...with Jerry Jones on the other end. Jones has a man crush on McFadden and #22 and #28 may become available to the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom