Mock Offseason,dreaming takes the pain away (1 Viewer)

DrudkhFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Mock Offseason

Resign:
Billy Miller

New Deals:
Colston
Evans
Will Smith

FA:
Bryant Johnson WR
could be our #2 or #3 WR depending on what Meachem shows us. This guy has proven that he can play when given the chance to.

Boss Bailey OLB
with all of the FA LBs quickly becoming unavailable, we get a solid guy like Boss Bailey, honestly i've liked this guy for a while I thought he would be a great player coming out of college. He has had a injury plaqued carrer so far but he is better tha shanle and he has excellent speed for a linebacker

Trades:
We all know the Vilma Trade

Lito Sheppard CB to Saints
when healthy he is one of the best in the leauge, a play maker and he is a MAN corner, just what we need, still young but with a lot of NFL experience, I think he will stay healthyt and greatly improve our defense

Trade Details:
Eagels Get:
Round 1 pick 10
Saints Get:
Lito Sheppard CB
Round 1 pick 19

D. Hall CB to Giants
The Gaints have shown interest in making this trade, and I think it could very well happen.
Giants Get:
D. Hall CB
Falcons Get:
Round 1 pick 31
Round 4 pick 31

The Draft:
Miami - Jake Long
they seem to have fixed any needs at OLB positions, but Chris Long could be the pick anyway, but you can't win without protecting the QB. The smartest pick would be Jake Long OT at #1

Rams - Chris Long
This is an easy choice for the Rams you don't just pass up on Chris Long when you have their defense.

Atlanta: Glenn Dorsey DT
Their new head coach loves to have good DTs, and he won't pass up on the talent that Glenn Dorsey brings to the table, I expect the mto sign Turner, and Matt Ryan isn't really worth a top 10 pick at all.

Oakland - Darren McFadden
JaMarcus? and now McFadden, it looks like the Raiders are building something, even with their terrible owner.

Kansas City - Ellis DT
They won't reach for the Oline help they vey much need. They also need help at DT though at look who is availible, I don't see Ellis falling any more than he has

Jets - Gholston OLB/DE
he made it past the first 5 somehow, but he isn't going an further.

New England - Mike Jenkins CB
With the loss of Asante and Gay there is a hole at CB, Jenkins fills that hole.

Ravens - Ryan Clady OT
I think that their starting tackle is going to retire, that leaves a huge and important hole, and I think this is a smart spot to take Clady. Many people think they would take Ryan but they have faith in the 3 QBs they have, so I don't see it happening.

Bengals - Derrick Harvey DE
they have a huge hole at DE loseing their starter, this is just the type of player they would be looking for.

Eagles - Malcolm Kelly WR
Somethings that they need to bring in for McNabb are some targets, and this guy is a huge target. He is the best WR in the draft in my opinion he is a very realiable target.

Bills - McKelvin CB
the Bills don't have a strong secondary, and with McKelvin falling out of the top 10 they will likely go after him.

Denver - Keith Rivers OLB
Their front 7 needs a lot of help, I think that Rivers would be the best choice in that area at this point in the draft.

Carolina - Otah OT
The Pathers' biggest need is on the Oline at LT, that is what I would expect with this pick.

Bears - Rashard Mendenhall RB
They pretty much have no offense, but they have to start somewhere.

Lions - Aquib Talib CB
the lions run a cover 2 so i would expect them to pick a player that would work well in their defense, and a playmaker like Talib is just what they would like to have. I think that Talib is going to be the best cover 2 corner in this draft, so i think this is a smart pick to the lions.

Minnesota - Kenny Phillips
They could easily go DE here, but a lot of Viking fans want Kenny Phillips, and It would be nice if thier Dline didn't have to make all the ints on the team.

Houston - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
I would love to make Cromartie fall to us, but there is no way the Texans will pass on him here.

New Orleans - ?????

Payton: DESEAN JACKSON!!!!
Loomis: Payton the phone is ringing
Payton: *answers phone* Hello?
Atlanta: We can't let the Bucs get Matt Ryan, so we are goingto pull a Cleveland
Payton: ok

TRADE!!!!!
Atlanta Gets:
Round 1 pick 19
Saints Get:
Round 2 pick 6
Round 2 pick 17

Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB
I myself hadn't noticed that Ryan had fallen until I started the next pick. Atlanta has some very good reasons to make this trade, They need a starting QB, and if they don't make this trade the Bucs would without a doubt take him. And Atlanta couldn't forgive themselves if Matt Ryan Passed all over them twice a year for the next 12 years. Plus the Saints would make this trade there is nothing that we want available.

Bucs - Brian Bhrom QB
Garcia, last time I checked, is old. They need a young QB that can develop into a star, this is a good spot to pick that young star of the future.

Redskins - Philip Merling
This guy could easily go in the top 15 but he can fall this far, the Redskins could use help at DE, and this guy is an excellent pick for them.

Cowboys: Limas Sweed WR
I think he is the second best reciever in this class, but it is pretty close in talent among recievers, so they could pick anyone here but I think this is the guy.

Steelers - Sam Baker OT
they allowed their QB to be sacked somewhere around 40 times last season! If they continue to let that happen he could get injured, sothey need to improve their Oline.

Titans - Desean Jackson WR
the perfect little weapon for Vince Young, I'm sure they will have fun together on the field for many years to come.

Seahawks - Jon Stewart RB
mendenhall may not have fallen, but Stewart did, and the Seahawks love it, they don't take any time makig thier choice here.

Jaguars - James Hardy WR
they have already improved their recievers some, but a first round talent is never unwelcome.

Chargers - Dan Connor MLB
Chargers have few if any needs on their team, they will take BPA here and the BPA is Connor.

Cowboys - Antonie Cason CB
The only things I would call needs for the Cowboys are WRs and CBs and it looks like they have one of each now.

49ers - Quentin Groves OLB/DE
Will improve their pass rush in their 3-4 defense, If they can get another solid MLB then they will have a young and amazing group of linebackers.

Packers - Reggie Smith CB/S
they don't have many needs but their CBs are getting old and he can play Saftey as well

Falcons - Kentwan Balmer DT
When you are rebuilding like the Falcons are it is smart to take BPA because most positions on your team are a need, DT may not be a need after Dorsey, but With their new Head Coach I won't be surprised for thier Dline to look like the one that the Jags have had for years. (2 dominant DTs)

Miami - Curtis Lofton MLB
A solid LB like Lofton would be a great addition to a terrible Miami team, they could have a pretty good defense before this is all over.

Rams - Mario Manningham WR
Holt is getting old, and they just lost Bruce they need to keep thier offense goin and what better way to do that than with a guy named Mario.

Raiders - Early Doucet WR
he may not be the fastest reciever, but he is an amazing WR, and I'm sure JaMarcus loves this pick. Wow look at the Raiders offense now.. JaMarcus, McFadden, Doucet

Chiefs - Gosder Cherilus OT
the Cheifs didn't reach for Clady in the first s othey need to address LT now.

Jets - Jamaal Charles RB
the Jets had nearly no running game last year, but with a fast, young guy like Charles their team as a whole will improve along with the running game.

Saints - Trevor Laws DT
Finally we pick, and what a great pick it is. I think that Laws is on or near the level of Ellis and Dorsey, but he suffered from playing on a poor Notre Dame team, I love this pick and I'm sure everyone else does as well.
c_TrevorLaws-big.jpg

Ravens - Andre Caldwell WR
The Ravens don't really have anything great on offense so I wouldn't be surprised to see a reciever or TE go to them here.

49ers - Jerod Mayo MLB
there aren't any WRs worth the pick available, but look at who is available. Dontarrious Thomas is not the future of thier defense (2 yr deal). But Mayo easily could be. With this pick the 49ers LBs would all be young talent. Lawson-Mayo-Willis-Groves..... scary.

Saints - Pat Sims DT
I would love this pick, even after we got Laws, this gives us our future DTs which will at least be in the rotation right away. Sims is big and can take the place of Hollis Thomas when he retires (or sooner).
glimpse-of-club.jpg

The rest of the Saint's Picks:

Round 2C) Martellus Bennett TE
I nkow everyone was turned on by the numbers that Dustin Keller put up at the combine, but I believe that this guy will be the best TE drafted this year, the main reason is that is can block as well as catch. He has great size for a TE as well. He has excellent hand. He is easily the best TE in the draft if you ask me, but he isn't ranked as highly as he should be.
martellusvsbaylor.jpg

Round 3) Shawn Crable OLB/DE
this guy can strike fear into an offense, he is great at rushing the passer and makes a lot of talkes for losses. he could maybe play WLB or SLB, but his main skill is his pass rushing. I would love to line him up next to Charles Grant on passing downs he can also drop into coverage he isn't the best at it but he can get it done. I think that he could prove to be a defensive weapon where ever we chose to line him up.

Crable.jpg

Round 5) Dexter Jackson WR/KR
Looks at this kid, he can return kicks/punts, he is extremely fast, he can accually catch, and he is from a Div II School, it doesn't get better than that does it? Yes it does, because he could be there in the 5th round.
appalachian.jpg

Round 6) Dominique Barber FS
i think that Dominique Barber could be a late round gem this year, and I'm sure that we have at least noticed him by now, he didn't have an amazing combine, but he can play, I know that for a fact.
p1fbsb1113F.jpg

Round 7) Doug Legursky C
This is a kid that wants to play, he is even learning how to be a long snapper just so that he will be drafted, I like the work ethic of this guy, and I wouldn't mind drafting him.

UDFA:

Jack Ikegwuonu CB
he should go in the first but he can't now after an injury, he probally can't play next season and should be on IR, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impact in 09

Week 1 Mock Depth Chart:

QB: Brees
RB: Reggie, Duece/PT
FB: Karney
WR: Colston
WR: Meachem, Patten, Henderson
WR: Bryant Johnson, Dexter Jackson, Moore, Copper
TE: Bennett, Billy Miller
OT: Brown
OG: Nesbit, Alleman
C: Goodwin, Doug Legursky
OG: Evans
OT: Strief, Stinchcomb

DE: Will Smith, Crable
DT: Hollis Thomas/ Pat Sims
DT: Trevor Laws, Brian Young
DE: Charles Grant, Crable
OLB: Fujita, Crable
MLB: Vilma
OLB: Bailey, Crable
CB: Usama Young, Mckenzie*
CB: Lito Sheppard
FS: Dominique Barber (I think he will win the starting job)
SS: Roman Harper

It would be amazing if this happened, but the chances are low.

Last edited:
We signed gay so he will back up Sheppard Interesting... two dts who would start for us great idea Bennet is a beast i love that pick. I think Crable will be gone by the second round Johnson would be a great pickup

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom