Mock Saints draft by Duncan (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not a bad effort. And he could be right about the first two picks. Judge the mock draft, not the writer.

1--Takkarist McKinley, LB/DE, USA
2--Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
3--Fabian Moreau CB, USA
4--Adam Shareen, TE, Ashland
6--Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tenn
7--Corey Levin, OL, Chattanooga

texasjefe

That's how football go
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No Jeff, we do not need to waste a 2nd round pick on a QB.

OP

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I often applaud pithy and succinct responses, but here I welcome some explanation for the negative responses.

HogsNSaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's not THAT terrible. I see why he'd say the Saints take a QB on day 2. That's what SP has alluded to. Mahomes is okay. Rather have Kaaya in the 3rd. McKinley is having offseason surgery, so 11th is too high. If he's our guy, we better be moving back and getting another pick out of it. Fabian Moreau is getting round 1 buzz after the senior bowl. Might be wishful thinking there. Honestly, I have never heard of that TE and I've scoured draft analysis for months. Jordan Leggett could be available there, so I probably would roll my eyes if they took an Ashland TE over him.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Not a bad effort. And he could be right about the first two picks. Judge the mock draft, not the writer.

1--Takkarist McKinley, LB/DE, USA
2--Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
3--Fabian Moreau CB, USA
4--Adam Shareen, TE, Ashland
6--Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tenn
7--Corey Levin, OL, Chattanooga
I dont know about that Mahomes pick, but im good w/everything else. Takk is instant pressure/pass rush. Fab Moreau has Malcolm Jenkins style versatility & fits our 3 Safety formation. But that Mahomes pick is wack.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mock drafts before free agency are a waste of time and database space. Some can be entertaining... but this one is terrible, Scooter.

Reaction score
If the Saints took a QB in the 3rd round with a two year young Drew Brees...you better prepare yourself for the possibility that the Saints could take one in the 2nd round this season.

I personally love Tak McKinley and think that he is going to a stud pass rusher with the upside to be the best in the class. Offseason surgery doesn't scare me a bit. He absolutely won't be there in the 2nd...way too talented.

Aussaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for Mahomes.. We are 100% looking for the next QB after Drew. We aren't going to go for one in the first round (IMO), but any round after that there is a serious chance.

Out of all of the developmental QB's, I would take Mahomes. Dude has TALENT, enough of which to be the best QB in the class. Monster arm, has clutch accuracy, and is athletic. Played in a simple offense but the guy is smart.

Is Patrick Mahomes The Best QB In The NFL Draft?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patty Mahomes: 5 throws <a href="https://t.co/z6QOrX9GhA">pic.twitter.com/z6QOrX9GhA</a></p>&mdash; KP (@KP_Show) <a href="https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/817456035229274113">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Shaheen and Moreau are very good picks.

I would go with Seth Russell over Mahomes who is less athletic.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
It's not THAT terrible. I see why he'd say the Saints take a QB on day 2. That's what SP has alluded to. Mahomes is okay. Rather have Kaaya in the 3rd. McKinley is having offseason surgery, so 11th is too high. If he's our guy, we better be moving back and getting another pick out of it. Fabian Moreau is getting round 1 buzz after the senior bowl. Might be wishful thinking there. Honestly, I have never heard of that TE and I've scoured draft analysis for months. Jordan Leggett could be available there, so I probably would roll my eyes if they took an Ashland TE over him.
Shaheen might be the 3rd most athletic TE in the draft behind Howard and Njokwu and slightly before Jordan Roberts.

How could you NOT hear about him by now?

He might even go as high as the 3rd round after the combine.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Talking of QBs in the draft, I'm counting down to the annual Rapaport hack job where he invents the Saints taking a QB high, trading up to get one etc. Oh, joy.

HogsNSaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Shaheen might be the 3rd most athletic TE in the draft behind Howard and Njokwu and slightly before Jordan Roberts.

How could you NOT hear about him by now?

He might even go as high as the 3rd round after the combine.
Athletic relative to his competition, or out of the crop of TEs?

It'd be hard for me to justify taking a guy that's going to basically be making the jump from high school level to the NFL over a guy like Leggett who did it consistently against great college defenses.

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I'd feel a lot better about Duncan (aka: Scooter) if he'd issue an apology for sucking up to the frenzied sports media during the Bountygate saga.

I'm sure he's posting stuff that's worth considering, but it's difficult for me to be objective about his opinion. By comparison, Florio stepped up and earned a lot of points with our fan base... he was one of the few who analyzed Bountygate objectively.

It's hard to forget how much of a tool he (Duncan) was during a time when the franchise needed all the friends it could get. :mad:

If he issued a conciliatory statement, I might be able to get back on board with him as a credible sports journalist and beat writer. Until then, he can talk to the hand.

I apologize to the OP for this threadjacking tirade. Let's resume our regularly scheduled programming.

:gosaints:

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
Athletic relative to his competition, or out of the crop of TEs?

It'd be hard for me to justify taking a guy that's going to basically be making the jump from high school level to the NFL over a guy like Leggett who did it consistently against great college defenses.
Shaheen is athletic enough to have been a combine invite just like leggett but seems to have a better frame for blocking and post up catches like a power forward.

Not sure what where he played at has to do with his potential. Shannon Sharpe played at the mighty Savanna State if you remember and funny that you should mention it but Antonio Gates did go straight from high school to the pros.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom