[Mod edit] Desmond Howard calls for Investigation of NFL referees (1 Viewer)

dd

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Desmond Howard is saying what I’ve been saying. NFL will welcome it if they know there’s nothing there.
The thread title is misleading. There does not seem to be any evidence that the FBI is really investigating. That would be great though.

The FBI already knows everything about the NFL. NFL security is made up from ex-FBI/CIA folks. They know about fixed NFL games. Dan Moldea wrote a book about that year's ago called "Interference"

Would it even be labeled illegal if the NFL is doing it? It’s listed as entertainment, like wrestling is listed as entertainment. Just wondering....

Would it even be labeled illegal if the NFL is doing it? It’s listed as entertainment, like wrestling is listed as entertainment. Just wondering....

Sports betting is being legalized in more and more states. At some point "fairness" will have to be regulated at least to a degree. I've never heard of people betting on wrestling matches.

Or not... what do I know. I mean folks bet on boxing and that's as rigged as it gets at the highest level, at least.

Sports betting is being legalized in more and more states. At some point "fairness" will have to be regulated at least to a degree. I've never heard of people betting on wrestling matches.
Yeah, it seems a perfect time for a "real" scandal.

Yes, it would. There would be congressional hearings much like during the height of steroids of the MLB.

Nope. Perfectly legal for them to fix their own games for entertainment. Remember the Jets fan that tried to sue the NFL over Spygate? The courts ruled in the NFL favor. You can bet on the WWE and everyone knows its staged. As long as the owners/officials aren't going to the betting window there is no scandal. Of course being owners, judges and lawyers, I'm sure they have ways to wager on outcomes that can't be tied directly to them.

Who Dats - This is what Coach Pete foundout the morning after the NFCCG. The NFL front office could not believe that the horrible, flagrant, no questions blown call could have been missed by their top refs. The NFL does not want fixed games. That could take down the entire league. He told me the NFL FO on NYC was freakin trying to get to the bottom of that, heard from very reliable source that one or more of the officials were bought off for that game and it did impact the winner of the game.

Pete is no Wuss. And the following day after he told me to post "The Fix," he told me to take it down. He was somewhere between very concerned and scared. Buying off a couple of officials for a nonimportant regular-season game is one thing. Having the 2nd biggest game of the entire NFL season, their premiere showcases being bought at the official level, that could take the league down.

The rest of this is my best guess and no more. There is no Insider in this. The NFL is doing everything can to hide any possibility of their "Part time" refs being fixed. They want this covered deep below the public surface. At the same time, I suspect they are doing everything behind the scenes to see how deep this goes in their officials. Is it one or two? 10% or more? Who knows. But they don't want this to bring the house down. It's one thing for the NFL FO to tell the head of the refs that we want close games so they make favorable calls to the teams far behind in the 2nd half. It's an entire different level of disaster to have officials bought for the 2nd biggest game of the year making the worst non-call in the history of NFL playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom