[Mod Edited Title] (What would you think of offering...) Thomas for a first round pick (?) (1 Viewer)

Just for a reference and I know it involved O'Brien, but DeAndre Hopkins who I would consider in the top 5 WR's was traded to Arizona for David Johnson, a 2nd Round pick, and basically swapped 4th Round picks. So asking for 2 #1's and a player for MT may work on Madden but probably not in real life.

Since we are doing this :hihi:

... assuming the Jets will be picking first and not draft a QB since they have Darnold, say the Bengals are picking 2nd (possible), and ask to trade for Thomas straight up for their 1st. Do you keep Thomas, or take the trade and pick Travor Lawrence?
IMO you don't trade someone who is the best at his position for an unknown. MT has steadily improved every season and I don't see him slacking off any time soon. Rookie QB's are not a guarantee no matter how great they are in College.

We gotta get rid of that Lutz guy too. You see how pompous he's been since becoming the best kicker in NOLA in 10 years? The nerve...

I’m not going to do the easy thing and jump on the op. I will give him this advise from experience please think about things all the way through before you post on here. These guys on here know their shirt. If it’s not going to help the Saints you never trade away someone with the talent CGM has. It would take more than 1 first round pick o even think about it. Now granted this upcoming draft could bring us the QB for the next 15 years or he could get to the NFL and turn out to be Ryan Leaf. So keep the known and move forward hoping CSP can turn Jamies into a completion machine instead of the interception machine he has been.

Why are we trading him?

Because we are coming off of a bye week and have nothing else to talk about.

giphy.gif

I know it may sound strange but what do you think of offering Michael Thomas for a first round pick next year?
If he doesn't change his attitude immediately, of course.
Up until recently he hasn't been a problem but I guess if he becomes worse I can kinda see it happening but let's not take one situation and turn it into a big deal. This team has had enough drama and distraction during the off-season.

Just for a reference and I know it involved O'Brien, but DeAndre Hopkins who I would consider in the top 5 WR's was traded to Arizona for David Johnson, a 2nd Round pick, and basically swapped 4th Round picks. So asking for 2 #1's and a player for MT may work on Madden but probably not in real life.

I don’t expect to get that in a trade, that’s why those are my demands. He’s a franchise player.

I’ll never understand the fixation with trading proven HOF potential level players for questionable draft picks. Just because a player is a 1st rounder does not mean that he will pan out in the big leagues.

Right now, Baker Mayfield is proving how much of a crapshoot drafting is. I’d rather go with players who I know can and will produce at a historical rate. Rather than to gamble on the possibility of some rookie who has to play three years before he even sniffs the production/impact I just traded off.

I know it may sound strange but what do you think of offering Michael Thomas for a first round pick next year?
If he doesn't change his attitude immediately, of course.

Depends on what the pick is and who is available

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom