Monday Night commentary... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Monday night commentary for Monday night football is probably the worst commetary group that i have ever seen other than when they brought Dennis Miller into the booth... Because nobody understood his jokes

Tony doesnt know crap about football... and Joe thinks that he knows everything... he is always giving analysis of each play after it is over... how about some play by play from the booth... they sit there and say nothing back and forth to each other... and then they say "back to the field" the play is ran and then Joe acts like he knows everything that went on with the play... he tells every coach how to coach

I want to watch the football game... I do not care about all of these celebs in the booth between plays that sometimes cause me to miss the plays in the game

I rather the game on ESPN... but i want to watch the game... to much other crap going on

who picked this crappy crew... all of the people at ESPN and this is who does the game... they make the biggest deal about MNF by counting down every week... they build all of the games up to be awesome and they are not... why not get jim rome to talk smack or something... At least he would put some life into the game

I watch more Sunday night football than i do monday night... and with the flex schedule those game will be much better down the stretch than watching the RAIDERS and the "commitment to Excrement" play on Monday

Where is Madden and Michaels? I want them back for Monday night?

I actually like TK and think he has a lot of good stuff to add. I also love when he puts Joe in his place. I do however agree that I could care less about seeing all the celebs in the booth with them.

joe theeeesman is a football genius like norman eyenstine

Feeling that they need to have a celeb in the booth is what bothers me, even though ESPN knows that fans have complained rapidly about the uselessness of celebs.

They should just use the crew they had for the first Monday night (When they had two games)

It was Jaws, Vermeil, and I think Musburger. Play by play guys are all usually solid, so you could have Musburger or Tirico (I like both alot) and Jaws and Vermeil were really good together. Great football knowledge obviously, but they were also fun to listen to, not just x's and o's. I like Kornheiser on PTI, but he's just not right for this job, and I can't stand Theisman.

Monday night commentary for Monday night football is probably the worst commetary group that i have ever seen other than when they brought Dennis Miller into the booth... Because nobody understood his jokes

Speak for youself guidry. :) I'm one of those "nobody's" then, that enjoyed Miller (I only wish he had taken as many shots at fouts as TK does at Theismann).

But I will say the "best" part of Monday night crew now are TK's shots at the 'village idiot'... (JMHO). Nothing else up there is worth listening to...

Yeah, did you hear one of them clowns say last Monday night that Romo was the best quarterback in the NFC right now!?? He is good...but not the best.

Romo and best QB shouldn't even be in the same sentence. I'm hurting right now because I violated the law just to tell you.

I can't stand the "celebrities" in the booth either.
In fairness to Jay-Z,

He was the least annoying celebrity so far. He knew when it was time to be quiet and to just watch the play. He the answers to the questions he was asked short and it still kind of felt like football.

Those guest celbrities are all about getting females to actually sit down and watch the game with their Men, that's just my opinion.

I wish there was an option (on another channel maybe) to watch the game without the commentary. Just crowd noise and the in house MC. They could use graphics for injury updates. I would take that option every time

I would love to see Mike Tirico and Jaws in the booth for those games. Or even better, the college crew, Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstriet.

They should just use the crew they had for the first Monday night (When they had two games)

It was Jaws, Vermeil, and I think Musburger. Play by play guys are all usually solid, so you could have Musburger or Tirico (I like both alot) and Jaws and Vermeil were really good together. Great football knowledge obviously, but they were also fun to listen to, not just x's and o's. I like Kornheiser on PTI, but he's just not right for this job, and I can't stand Theisman.

I agree. That crew did an outstanding job IMO.

I really enjoy Tony. He has grown on me, he puts Joe in his place. You can tell that he tries, just watch his notes, he seems to truly prepare for each week.

Joe is Joe and thats all there is to him, never liked him and never will. I would much rather Jaws in there because he is great at breaking things down so everyone understands, and he doesn't do it in a self glorifying way.

Tirico, he is not too bad.

Celebrities should be outlawed. The only one that didn't bother me was Ronde Barber. Probably because he is a player. I mean, they had a guy from Desperate Housewives on for goodness sake. I don't care if your character is in a coma, I want to watch football.

Rant over, sorry.

I don't mean to be violent but when i look at tony's face I just want to punch it

Feeling that they need to have a celeb in the booth is what bothers me, even though ESPN knows that fans have complained rapidly about the uselessness of celebs.

That's what pushes me over the edge. I'm gonna start turning down the tv and listening to the game on Sirius.

MNF blows now.

The commentary on NBC is waaay better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom