Monday Night commentary... (1 Viewer)

The only reason the celebrities show up is to pump the parent companies ABC (Kimmel), or Disney and their companies. Disney is the best at self-promotion.

Why do you think the announcers during the USC-ND game where hyping ND to the Rose Bowl? Its on ABC, ND brings a national audience. Lord knows they don't deserve it, having Georgia Tech as the best team they have beaten in 2 years. Its just what they do.

I used to hate the MNF commentary till I heard the guys on Thursday night. Gumbel and Collinsworth are 20times worse IMO

I agree with you 100% Devil Dog....that Thursday night duo is the worst I've ever heard, I had to stop watching the game.

Semper Fi

USMC 1988-1994
29 Palms MCAGCC

Be glad you can at least get the Thursday night game, most of the country, like me, can't.

I agree with you 100% Devil Dog....that Thursday night duo is the worst I've ever heard, I had to stop watching the game.

Semper Fi

USMC 1988-1994
29 Palms MCAGCC

yea i was lucky i passed out during the 2nd quarter

I hope that they can step up the commentary while the Panthers are getting their beat down from the eagles

They should just use the crew they had for the first Monday night (When they had two games)

It was Jaws, Vermeil, and I think Musburger. Play by play guys are all usually solid, so you could have Musburger or Tirico (I like both alot) and Jaws and Vermeil were really good together. Great football knowledge obviously, but they were also fun to listen to, not just x's and o's. I like Kornheiser on PTI, but he's just not right for this job, and I can't stand Theisman.

It wasn't Cheeseburger. It was some other play by play guy I had never heard before. No matter. Whoever it was was great...wasn't his last name Nessler???

Jaws, Vermiel and Nessler were fantastic. Very professional and knowledageable. They were a pleasure to listen to.

If ESPN was on top of things they'd get those guys in the booth for next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom