Monday weather for Charlotte NC (1 Viewer)

Just about perfect weather. Carolina will come to play as they always do against us. However, unless Cam has done some magical healing there is something seriously wrong with his shoulder and the rest of the team really isn’t good enough to win without him being 100%

Looks like kickoff temp of 48 degrees, just falling off to 44 by 11pm. No precip in the region and winds very light (<3mph).

It's as non-factor as weather can be outdoors in December at night.

I think the best football team in the Carolinas, by far, this season and maybe for the best 3-4 years has been the Clemson Tigers. Clemson can legimately claim to have won a major sports championship in beating Alabama 2 years ago in Tampa for the CFP National Championship. Clemson also appeared in the CFP playoffs 3 years in a row IIRC since 2015. That's a far better, more impressive metric of success than what the Panthers have done in the same period and yes, I am being completely serious in saying this. I realize some posters on here might find that ridiculous or absurd considering Panthers made consecutive playoff berths from 2013-15, and 2017, including appearing and getting their arses handed to them by Denver in Super Bowl 50. However, I still reiterate my earlier point about Clemson actually winning a major championship in the same recent period, something Panthers failed at and will continue to. Clemson also has a decent chance at winning it's 2nd NC in 3 years in less then 2 weeks possibly. They have had a excellent, exciting season led by a good, charismatic HC who consistently makes good decisions when it comes to running his team.

I think most football fans in North and South Carolina can be proud of Clemsons success and their consistency in winning ACC division and conference titles.

Hi Saints Man. Really great take here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on each of the ACC teams and how they'd stack up against the Panthers. Thanks!

I think most football fans in North and South Carolina can be proud of Clemsons success and their consistency in winning ACC division and conference titles.

With the exception of Clemson fans, most football fans in the Carolinas probably aren't lining up to boast about Clemson. South Carolina (USC) fans certainly don't. And the ACC fans in North Carolina might be happy for their conference but there's no love lost for Clemson.

I think the best football team in the Carolinas, by far, this season and maybe for the best 3-4 years has been the Clemson Tigers. Clemson can legimately claim to have won a major sports championship in beating Alabama 2 years ago in Tampa for the CFP National Championship. Clemson also appeared in the CFP playoffs 3 years in a row IIRC since 2015. That's a far better, more impressive metric of success than what the Panthers have done in the same period and yes, I am being completely serious in saying this. I realize some posters on here might find that ridiculous or absurd considering Panthers made consecutive playoff berths from 2013-15, and 2017, including appearing and getting their arses handed to them by Denver in Super Bowl 50. However, I still reiterate my earlier point about Clemson actually winning a major championship in the same recent period, something Panthers failed at and will continue to. Clemson also has a decent chance at winning it's 2nd NC in 3 years in less then 2 weeks possibly. They have had a excellent, exciting season led by a good, charismatic HC who consistently makes good decisions when it comes to running his team.

giphy.gif
<s></s>

If we win, this is most likely the last game of the season that will be played outdoors.

....and how is this rambling observation related to my original post about the weather tonight?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom