Monopoly, Money, Privilege, & Psychology (1 Viewer)

I got this job all by myself vs. I got this job because I knew someone. You still got the job. So why lie to yourself about how or why you got it. Where is the advantage in denying your privilege. Do people really not see it. How... how can you not see that you started with more money than the dude across from you. And how can you not see it helped you win.

I think it’s because that allows the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the only reason you got the job is because you knew someone and you don’t really deserve it

Maybe there was someone (maybe several someones) who were better qualified and better suited for the job but they didn’t “know” someone

Maybe you should have been fired or demoted but that “someone” is looking out for you and covering for you

Easiest way to avoid that is to deny to the death that there is or ever was a “someone”

Last edited:
So why lie to yourself

Ego supporting Id and suppressing Super Ego. The Id tells us more is better so we must have more. The Ego justifies having more to protect our (little e) ego (sense of self worth). The Super-Ego gets ignored through the justification which is usually learned through experience and upbringing.

What this boils down to is most people are garbage human beings who would sell their mothers down the river for an extra helping because they were either never taught or never learned better.

Ego supporting Id and suppressing Super Ego. The Id tells us more is better so we must have more. The Ego justifies having more to protect our (little e) ego (sense of self worth). The Super-Ego gets ignored through the justification which is usually learned through experience and upbringing.

What this boils down to is most people are garbage human beings who would sell their mothers down the river for an extra helping because they were either never taught or never learned better.
This last line made me laugh, not because by itself it's funny but because it's true and it's so sad that it's true, that I had to laugh it off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom