Monster Jam 7/31 (1 Viewer)

Tpstr

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just thought I’d pass on some thoughts/pics of being in the Some after so long. My seats for Saints are in the Terrace, sat in the Loge last night.
F932A79F-124E-47C9-92A2-5197BF8FB653.jpeg
If I attached this right, you’ll see some of the new “vomotoriums”. Damn shame loyal, paying patrons are losing seats over this mess.

As far as the field level boxes go, you really couldn’t tell if a lots been done. The padding/safety barriers blocked most views of any of the construction.

I noticed pretty good compliance with the mask mandate by most patrons. Section ushers all carried signage to “remind” everyone.

Lastly, in my unscientific opinion, do not expect to leave the Dome quickly from the Terrace. Ramps are gone. Escalators have not been widened, so the crowd just piles up on the Loge. That’s going to lead to fisticuffs to me, but I’m sure someone’s done a study saying it will be fine.

The ramps were gone last year. It took us 30 min leaving the dome and there were only 5,000 fans there. It will be a complete nightmare this year.

And forgot this one. 43CE1DEE-678A-40DE-81C0-BB7F4F0E3076.jpeg

A few weeks ago, I was reminded about a trip I made to Rome. At the Coliseum, our guide pointed out how there are carvings on many seats. “I am Tiberius. I’ve got seats 3&4, Row 10”. That struck my fancy back then. We’re moving closer to that with the new logo. ;)

This may be off topic, but did the at least use the same font for the signage?
The only thing I didn’t like about the artist renderings was the different font they used for “Superdome.”

No more scoreboards on the balconies? Sorry but I thought those corner boards kind of iconic of Dome.

Just thought I’d pass on some thoughts/pics of being in the Some after so long. My seats for Saints are in the Terrace, sat in the Loge last night.
F932A79F-124E-47C9-92A2-5197BF8FB653.jpeg
If I attached this right, you’ll see some of the new “vomotoriums”. Damn shame loyal, paying patrons are losing seats over this mess.

As far as the field level boxes go, you really couldn’t tell if a lots been done. The padding/safety barriers blocked most views of any of the construction.

I noticed pretty good compliance with the mask mandate by most patrons. Section ushers all carried signage to “remind” everyone.

Lastly, in my unscientific opinion, do not expect to leave the Dome quickly from the Terrace. Ramps are gone. Escalators have not been widened, so the crowd just piles up on the Loge. That’s going to lead to fisticuffs to me, but I’m sure someone’s done a study saying it will be fine.
Last paragraph sounds like another ADA lawsuit on the way.

And forgot this one. 43CE1DEE-678A-40DE-81C0-BB7F4F0E3076.jpeg

A few weeks ago, I was reminded about a trip I made to Rome. At the Coliseum, our guide pointed out how there are carvings on many seats. “I am Tiberius. I’ve got seats 3&4, Row 10”. That struck my fancy back then. We’re moving closer to that with the new logo. ;)
The ceiling looks hideous with those missing tiles.

No more scoreboards on the balconies? Sorry but I thought those corner boards kind of iconic of Dome.
I noticed that too and forgot to mention. It was weird when drivers were on a clock, but you had to look at a big screen to find out.

Last paragraph sounds like another ADA lawsuit on the way.
As someone who’s needed a wheelchair in the Terrace, I certainly hope so. Maybe it will finally get the team’s attention they have serious issues upstairs, and have done little or actually created more problems in recent times.

As someone who’s needed a wheelchair in the Terrace, I certainly hope so. Maybe it will finally get the team’s attention they have serious issues upstairs, and have done little or actually created more problems in recent times.
Can’t see how taking out ramps improves the situation. What if there is an emergency? Obviously you can’t use the elevators. You going to tell a wheelchair person to use the stairs or escalator? I would be very frustrated too.

Can’t see how taking out ramps improves the situation. What if there is an emergency? Obviously you can’t use the elevators. You going to tell a wheelchair person to use the stairs or escalator? I would be very frustrated too.
Another little known fun fact. Certain elevators are reserved for coaches and media at halftime and post game, since the press box was moved to the top. So, instead of a dozen elevators being available post-game, there’s four less. Add to that those patrons in the Suites don’t like entering and exiting with the common folk & pack them too make life interesting.

I could write a book on the bad experiences we’ve had over the years. Maybe that will be another multi page thread.

The ceiling looks hideous with those missing tiles.
I agree; half-a$$. You would think. spending another 300 million plus to make another renovation, they could go to Home Depot, buy some plywood and paint it the same color of the existing tiles. The least they could do. :confused::rolleyes:

What are they doing with the ramp space?
It's just big enough for a monster truck if they open the ceilings up so I imagine that's got to come into play. Our monster truck jam experience was great. My godsons had a blast and my 3.5 year old daughter fell in love with Megalodon, which if you didn't know is a shark dinosaur, as she told me numerous times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom