Monster Jam 7/31 (1 Viewer)

I agree; half-a$$. You would think. spending another 300 million plus to make another renovation, they could go to Home Depot, buy some plywood and paint it the same color of the existing tiles. The least they could do. :confused::rolleyes:
Maybe they re planning for a retractable roof

I agree; half-a$$. You would think. spending another 300 million plus to make another renovation, they could go to Home Depot, buy some plywood and paint it the same color of the existing tiles. The least they could do. :confused::rolleyes:
Have you seen the roof from the outside? Save the $400 million and just clean the roof.

Maybe they re planning for a retractable roof
I spoke to Dave Dixon about this years ago. He said that the Superdome is not structured to handle that. It would cost way too much IF it could be done.

Just thought I’d pass on some thoughts/pics of being in the Some after so long. My seats for Saints are in the Terrace, sat in the Loge last night.
F932A79F-124E-47C9-92A2-5197BF8FB653.jpeg
If I attached this right, you’ll see some of the new “vomotoriums”. Damn shame loyal, paying patrons are losing seats over this mess.

As far as the field level boxes go, you really couldn’t tell if a lots been done. The padding/safety barriers blocked most views of any of the construction.

I noticed pretty good compliance with the mask mandate by most patrons. Section ushers all carried signage to “remind” everyone.

Lastly, in my unscientific opinion, do not expect to leave the Dome quickly from the Terrace. Ramps are gone. Escalators have not been widened, so the crowd just piles up on the Loge. That’s going to lead to fisticuffs to me, but I’m sure someone’s done a study saying it will be fine.
I’m not sure why they thought it was a good idea for people to vomit THERE.

The ceiling looks hideous with those missing tiles.
The "missing tiles" actually serve a purpose. The wisdom of the architects who designed the Superdome and the vision of people, especially Dave Dixon, who conceptualized the Superdome's functionality, was that it would be a MULTI-purpose building. The pictures on this thread is from a monster truck show, but I remember watching "Pistol" Pete working his magic, college baseball games and the AAA New Orleans Pelicans baseball games, fairs, trade shows, boxing matches, concerts (most memorable ones Rolling Stones <twice>, Paul McCartney and Wings, and Prince), a Papal Mass, and the movie premiere of Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," and I seem to remember a few football games. ;-) All of these events have different lighting and sound needs. That is why there are "missing tiles." Speakers, lighting fixtures, and various special effects devices have used those spaces as a mount.

Thanks for this post, overall. Lots of changes in the Dome, as is the case with any stadium renovation. All in all, the proletariat like myself will simply have to employ the same strategy to get out of the terrace I've always used. That is to simply wait a good half-hour/45 minutes, at least, for folks to file out. More room that way.

Thanks for this post, overall. Lots of changes in the Dome, as is the case with any stadium renovation. All in all, the proletariat like myself will simply have to employ the same strategy to get out of the terrace I've always used. That is to simply wait a good half-hour/45 minutes, at least, for folks to file out. More room that way.
I just don’t see how there won’t be multiple fist fights at the escalators, especially after a last minute loss. Nobody likes waiting for the ushers to pace the stream getting on. Just a recipe for disaster waiting to happen. And as someone else said, God forbid there’s an actual emergency where mass numbers of people need to leave in a hurry.

I just don’t see how there won’t be multiple fist fights at the escalators, especially after a last minute loss. Nobody likes waiting for the ushers to pace the stream getting on. Just a recipe for disaster waiting to happen. And as someone else said, God forbid there’s an actual emergency where mass numbers of people need to leave in a hurry.
I can surely understand that. The tunnels weren't ideal, but at least it was another avenue to get out. If those are gone, then I guess add another 15-30 minutes to what I just posted :)

And I'll leave this little nugget as well: I had season tickets for eight seasons, the first three of which were in the Haslett era. I saw plenty more fights in the stands and police officers having to become involved during those years than I did during the rest of that time (during Payton's current tenure). Wins make for happier people, I guess ;)

The "missing tiles" actually serve a purpose. The wisdom of the architects who designed the Superdome and the vision of people, especially Dave Dixon, who conceptualized the Superdome's functionality, was that it would be a MULTI-purpose building. The pictures on this thread is from a monster truck show, but I remember watching "Pistol" Pete working his magic, college baseball games and the AAA New Orleans Pelicans baseball games, fairs, trade shows, boxing matches, concerts (most memorable ones Rolling Stones <twice>, Paul McCartney and Wings, and Prince), a Papal Mass, and the movie premiere of Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," and I seem to remember a few football games. ;-) All of these events have different lighting and sound needs. That is why there are "missing tiles." Speakers, lighting fixtures, and various special effects devices have used those spaces as a mount.

dude! Nice try……that makes no sense why the tiles look like that.

try, they fell and were never replaced

dude! Nice try……that makes no sense why the tiles look like that.

try, they fell and were never replaced
OK...I understand that I didn't make a simple statement explaining what the "missing tiles" actually were...first, there are no "tiles," the inside shell of the dome is made of sheeting. Second, the holes were cut to mount the equipment I mentioned in my earlier post. Since similar events will be held in the Superdome there is no reason to "repair"/replace the sheeting in that area when they would have to be cut out again.

OK...I understand that I didn't make a simple statement explaining what the "missing tiles" actually were...first, there are no "tiles," the inside shell of the dome is made of sheeting. Second, the holes were cut to mount the equipment I mentioned in my earlier post. Since similar events will be held in the Superdome there is no reason to "repair"/replace the sheeting in that area when they would have to be cut out again.
That’s lazy. You don’t fix holes in your ceiling? I imagine some rat probably had a quite a fall.

Do you have a link for this? You clearly see the damage in the photo. Guess there are missing sheathing from katrina in case another hurricane comes

BFD7B74C-A4E1-4427-9321-C91D4D4AD2F6.jpg

please tell me how the missing sheathing is being used for concerts. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom