monte kiffin (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am watching the giants bucs game and the announcers keep on mentioning that monte kiffin does not have a contract next year. Anyone think that we should go after him and fire gibbs. The tampa 2 could really disguise our lack of talent at cornerback.

They'll resign him.
He's a great coordinator and he's been there like forever

I'd love to, but I don't think anything is going to make him move away from Tampa. He'll probably retire before doing that

I will not say that we don't have the personel to run cover 2 becuase even though we don't, we don't have the players to run the man coverage scheme we employ as is. The reason Kiffin will not coach for us is he has no interest in doing so. I find it highly unlikely that he leaves Tampa unless he decides to retire. However, if he choose to do so, I imagine he would wind up either with his son or with a coach whom he worked with/for previously, like Dungy, Lovie Smith, Herman Edwards, ect.

Here is the catch to any team.

I don't care how good your db's are, they can only cover a wr for a certain period of time. The tampa 2 is based on line preassure and making a defense have to drive the length of the field due to safety help over the top. When u get pressure from the front four you have seven to play back. That limits what u can do. U have to find wholes in the defense, but time is limit to find holes due to pressure. In short, we lack in those areas. We are inconsistent in pressure and have safeties that lack range and play recognition. Our secondary as a whole for the most part didn't look to bad last year because we got pressure. HIS DEFENSE WOULD NOT WORK unless we got preassure from the front four. We are a dominant man defense and we lack in that too.

Also for the Tampa 2 to work you need a huge pass rush so the QB doesn't have time to read the zone coverage.

edit: mony_b22 beat me to it

I don't care how good your db's are, they can only cover a wr for a certain period of time. The tampa 2 is based on line preassure and making a defense have to drive the length of the field due to safety help over the top. When u get pressure from the front four you have seven to play back. That limits what u can do. U have to find wholes in the defense, but time is limit to find holes due to pressure. In short, we lack in those areas. We are inconsistent in pressure and have safeties that lack range and play recognition. Our secondary as a whole for the most part didn't look to bad last year because we got pressure. HIS DEFENSE WOULD NOT WORK unless we got preassure from the front four. We are a dominant man defense and we lack in that too.

Good analysis. I agree, we simply don't have the players to implement Tampa 2

I agree too. We simply don't have the players to implement defense.

Not trying to belittle ANY saints fan,BUT

We know what we need u can change schemes and etc. but when u get to the nuts and bolts u need the right PLAYERS to run your system. If they don't fit the bill, IT WILL NOT WORK!!!! If you play a man defense u need players that u can put on an island and have good jam and footwork, but most importantly. Be able to keep up with elite speed. That is why we get burned deep. U need lbs that can cover te's and rb's out of the back field.

Monte Kiffin will be the Raiders next Defensive Coordinator and he will work with his son Lane Kiffin who is the head coach.

I'd love to, but I don't think anything is going to make him move away from Tampa. He'll probably retire before doing that

I seem to remember a thread here, before the hiring of S. Payton, in which the OP stated that he/she had ran into Kiffin and they discussed the HC opening in NO and Kiffin was all for it. I can't find the thread, so I'm going off of my memory which some have likened to a caterpillar......short and fuzzy. Anyone else recall this thread/story?

Not that I think we'll get Kiffin as DC.

I seem to remember a thread here, before the hiring of S. Payton, in which the OP stated that he/she had ran into Kiffin and they discussed the HC opening in NO and Kiffin was all for it. I can't find the thread, so I'm going off of my memory which some have likened to a caterpillar......short and fuzzy. Anyone else recall this thread/story?

Not that I think we'll get Kiffin as DC.

yeah i remember that thread actually..cant remember the specifics, but that sounds about right..

Did Monte Kiffen run a Cover 2 when he was our DC last time???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom