monte kiffin (2 Viewers)

That's my understanding also that's why they fired the Ryan brother.

I'd say we go after that ryan brother.. or the other ryan that was fired by the ravens, but that one is interviewing for Head coaching jobs at the moment.

Kiffin actually used to be the Saints' DC. Mora hired him after his first DC left for another job. I don't think Payton is going to fire Gibbs, though, and I think TB will do everything possible to keep him there.

We don't have the personnel to run a cover-2... we'd need more instinctive safeties... we'd need an entire new D-line... because cover-2 dlinemen are smaller and quicker... and our LBs (sans Fujita) would need to be replaced.

Hmmmm...this link says that the Bucs have offered him less than he made last season:

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/18/Bucs/Bucs_QB_coach_on_outs.shtml

I think the Bucs are making a big mistake here, but a great move for the Saints. He's one of the greatest DC ever and if the Bucs want to mess around and lose him....then by all means do it!

I'd give us a 1% chance of getting Kiffin. I don't see us firing Gibb's, and even if we did we don't have the talent to run the Tampa 2.

Pete Carol has already made his dream team if he gets the job in Atlanta and Kiffin, who is also his best friend, is on his list. If Carol gets the job then we might just be seeing more of the cover 2.

kiffinih4.jpg

FamilyGuyHerbert.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom