Month of lies (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
April has always been called the month of lies and you shouldn't believe any of these rumors flying right now. Every GM is throwing curveballs to keep other teams off their scent.

I just go by what we've lost.
Vonn Bell- replaced
AJKlein- not replaced
K. Kirkwood - replaced
Bridgewater- not replaced

Needs for me. Lb and QB

Wr only gets the nod if a BPA falls.
We'll get one but it might be later.
OG will be a later round get.
Small school cb might be needed.

So with our 5 picks , lb, qb, wr, og, cb.....
not in any specific order

I just go by what we've lost.
Vonn Bell- replaced
AJKlein- not replaced
K. Kirkwood - replaced
Bridgewater- not replaced

Needs for me. Lb and QB

Wr only gets the nod if a BPA falls.
We'll get one but it might be later.
OG will be a later round get.
Small school cb might be needed.

So with our 5 picks , lb, qb, wr, og, cb.....
not in any specific order

WR is a hole because we didnt really have a #2 that was ever lost. MT = 149 rec, kamara 81, cook 43, murray 34, Ginn 30. a WR taken in the first will play more and have a bigger impact than a LB would imo, since we really just need a SLB but even so, they're only playing on certain packages. we can get a solid role player SLB in 3-5 rounds.
I'm hoping we dont use many picks to trade up b/c i would like to see us walk away with each of these positions:

WR
SLB
OG
CB
DL
at the very least.

WR is a hole because we didnt really have a #2 that was ever lost. MT = 149 rec, kamara 81, cook 43, murray 34, Ginn 30. a WR taken in the first will play more and have a bigger impact than a LB would imo, since we really just need a SLB but even so, they're only playing on certain packages. we can get a solid role player SLB in 3-5 rounds.
I'm hoping we dont use many picks to trade up b/c i would like to see us walk away with each of these positions:

WR
SLB
OG
CB
DL
at the very least.
This seems a strange post, given we added a clear cut WR2 in free agency.

But then again, it may just support my theory that no matter how many WR we add, the good folks of this forum just can't stop crying for more of them.

This seems a strange post, given we added a clear cut WR2 in free agency.

But then again, it may just support my theory that no matter how many WR we add, the good folks of this forum just can't stop crying for more of them.
Sanders only under contract for two years, and I love the add - not sure where you see the crying, no to mention we're right back where we were if he gets hurt because obviously we do not have good depth at the position. But you draft to build for the future, this whole crap about "win now" mode .....we've been in win now mode for 10 years, so im not sure how that really changes a draft strategy. We're not in rebuild mode which is an entire different draft strategy.

Sanders only under contract for two years, and I love the add - not sure where you see the crying, no to mention we're right back where we were if he gets hurt because obviously we do not have good depth at the position. But you draft to build for the future, this whole crap about "win now" mode .....we've been in win now mode for 10 years, so im not sure how that really changes a draft strategy. We're not in rebuild mode which is an entire different draft strategy.
So I just have to question anyone who uses our pre-FA roster to justify there being a hole at WR, when it has been decisively filled.

Playing the 'what if he's injured' card is a wash, as you can say the same for any player on any roster in any year of any league. It's not a hole.

Drafting a developmental player is indeed a smart move. But it's not a hole.

So I just have to question anyone who uses our pre-FA roster to justify there being a hole at WR, when it has been decisively filled.

Playing the 'what if he's injured' card is a wash, as you can say the same for any player on any roster in any year of any league. It's not a hole.

Drafting a developmental player is indeed a smart move. But it's not a hole.
I can say i mispoke by calling it a hole, but it was mostly in reference to the quote of "positions that were lost". The beauty of our roster is that we really dont having any glaring holes - except SLB. that has always been the strategy of SP - fill holes in FA and draft BPA.

I can say i mispoke by calling it a hole, but it was mostly in reference to the quote of "positions that were lost". The beauty of our roster is that we really dont having any glaring holes - except SLB. that has always been the strategy of SP - fill holes in FA and draft BPA.
I think I can agree with that. As you say, 'hole' was probably the terminology that got me.

And I didn't mean to say you were personally 'crying' for a WR, more a group behaviour that I believe is quite observable and demonstrable over several years (and maybe even longer).

April has always been called the month of lies and you shouldn't believe any of these rumors flying right now. Every GM is throwing curveballs to keep other teams off their scent.
Shhhhh...why did you reveal this secret? Now the Saints are hosed...😜

Eliot wrote that April is the cruelest month
cummings has it ever more ambiguous: this April sunset completely utters
utters serenely silently a cathedral

But this is the first I’m hearing ‘the month of lies’

How can you have a thread named "Month of lies" without a single quote from Donald Trump???? That is just bad

You can even look at it this way, with Sanders onboard for the next 2 seasons, it’ll give the staff time to find out of Tre’quan is the answer next to Thomas in the long run.

I agree that WR isn’t a need and we may very well not take one in the top 100 if they aren’t BPA when we pick. To be honest if the Staff feels the value in WR start after the 3rd round, they may have positions of weaker depth graded higher than positions with great depth. It’s going to be an interesting draft for the Saints for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom