Moon Knight Discussion (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

Set the table well. Explained almost nothing. ha. My wife was "what the heck is going on?!?"

But, that happens often. ;)

Poor Fin.... only had one Fin, and likely starved to death while Moon Knight was gone for a few days. Sad. But, also helped drive the fact that Steven thought he was losing his mind, or that something bigger was going on. Very relatable, if not improbable for any of us.

Khonshu looks good. True to the comics. Wonderfully scary in a few moments. Interesting tid bit, is that, like Ra (and maybe some other Egyptian gods), Khonshu can't act directly on Earth, so they need Avatars to do their bidding. Hence, Moon Knight.

Ammit, in actual Egyptian mythology is a mix of a crocodile (head), Lion (front half) and Hippo (back half), as they were the three largest man eaters Egyptians would have known. Ammit didn't judge anyone, just ate their hearts if the scales determined they were unworthy.

Not sure you could argue that Anubis judged them, or just used the feather of Ma'at on the scales, but I'd like to think that Anubis has a bigger role than just a weigher... since it would mean Dogs judge us well. ;)

Anyway, other that Khonshu and Ammit (who we haven't heard from), it would be curious if they introduce Ra or any others.

I had never heard of this until it popped up 2 days ago on my Disney plus feed.

I really liked the first episode. It feels remarkably un Marvel so far.

And that is a totally legit British accent. I know a few people who sound exactly like that. Just like the USA, I reckon there are a lot of different accent and dialects, innit??

If anyone's curious, but not enough to scan it themselves, the QR code on the storage room door goes to a Marvel page where you can read the comics Moon Knight first appeared in (Werewolf By Night, from the seventies):

If anyone's curious, but not enough to scan it themselves, the QR code on the storage room door goes to a Marvel page where you can read the comics Moon Knight first appeared in (Werewolf By Night, from the seventies):
That's awesome. I was wondering why it was so prominently shown when I watched the episode...

That might the single coolest thing ever done in a Marvel film/series - and that's saying a lot.

EDIT: Going to the site, as soon as I saw the cover, I remember owning that mag. I dread to think how much it's worth now. I lost all my comics when my basement flooded in New Jersey. They were in big boxes on a shelf, but not high enough. The fact that they were in plastic sleeves actually made the damage worse.

Slight threadjack off the Werewolf comics:
I wonder if Marvel would ever bring Jericho Drumm into the MCU or if Doctor Voodoo would be considered way too much of a 70s blaxpoitation stereotype. He was a cool character, but I could see people taking offense to him in today's atmosphere. Then again, they made Luke Cage work really well and he had a very similar beginning.

After all, Stan Lee's idea in introducing these characters was to make mainstream white American kids used to people who were from all walks of life, and make them realize everyone from every different ethnic and national background is okay. IMHO, I think Marvel had a real effect on my generation in that regard.

Man, what a great episode, especially how it ended... I'm really digging this show...

It's good to see Steven finding a role with his knowledge of Egyptian lore but he's gotta chill when Marc is doing his things. With Marc blacking out and resulting in even more ultra-violence, does this mean Jake Lockley has shown up? I looked him up and it seems his specialty is blending in and gathering intel, so it may be a 4th alter who isn't Jake I think...

In Marvel Comics, Moon Knight has three different personalities, the third one being Jake Lockley. In an interview with an Indian YouTube personality, Ashish Chanchlani, Oscar Isaac confirmed that he’ll be playing “four possibly different aspects to this one character.” We’ve already seen three personalities (If we consider Moon Knight a separate personality). So, there’s space for one more personality, who could very well be Jake Lockley.

In the comics, Jake is a cab driver who is very good at blending in with dangerous people. Jake uses his skills and profession to gather intel that could be useful for the mercenary Marc Spector.

I kept staring at the necklace around Layla's neck on the boat ride and got the hunch that it could be used to do stabby things, and Layla did not disappoint. She can def hold her own in a fight, which is good, especially when Steven took over mid-fight and certainly mucked things up for a minute.

I guess the next episode will be a Khonshu rescue mission. The way they turned the sky back thousands of years was impressive in the visuals.

I'm really starting to dislike Harrow lol...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom