Moon Knight Discussion (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

After working with my colleague from London the past two weeks, I have to find a spot to incorporate my new vocabulary…

This show is going swimmingly, lads.

Yes, that works. :hihi:
Don't forget to call him a donut...

Go to 4:27...

Last edited:
Nerd moment:
Wondering why there were only five of the Egyptian deities at the gathering of the Ennead. As Steven points out to his boss in episode 1, there 9 of them.
And to get really nit-picky about it, what were Horus and Hathor doing there? Neither are part of the Ennead. And why wasn't the Sun G-d Re-Atum (or Ra-Atum depending on the scholar's belief of how his name was said) chairing the meeting since he is the head of the Ennead?
The Ennead were Re-Atum, Shu, Tefnut, Geb, Nut, Isis, Osiris, Seth, and Nephthys.
Maybe the comics had a different line-up, I don't remember. It's been many years since I read Moon Knight. I've slept since then...

Nerd moment:
Wondering why there were only five of the Egyptian deities at the gathering of the Ennead. As Steven points out to his boss in episode 1, there 9 of them.
And to get really nit-picky about it, what were Horus and Hathor doing there? Neither are part of the Ennead. And why wasn't the Sun G-d Re-Atum (or Ra-Atum depending on the scholar's belief of how his name was said) chairing the meeting since he is the head of the Ennead?
The Ennead were Re-Atum, Shu, Tefnut, Geb, Nut, Isis, Osiris, Seth, and Nephthys.
Maybe the comics had a different line-up, I don't remember. It's been many years since I read Moon Knight. I've slept since then...

I have a sneaky suspicion some of your questions may be answered when we meet Gorr The God Butcher in Thor Love and Thunder.

I'm really enjoying this series.

The last part of this episode broke my head. Hi!
Nerd moment:
When they were putting Khonshu's statue on the shelf, there were a fair few others around it, so maybe the missing ones are there. I didn't count them, but I think there were more than four more though.

This show has shattered all expectations I had of it, it is so good...

Welp, that escalated quickly in the last 20 min or so LOL... smoke 'em if you got 'em or eat your edibles before watching this episode lol...

so it’s the 3rd self that killed Leila’s dad? Mark then shot himself?

They’re really holding onto that last reveal, that dude must be a game ender- he’s just going to come with that crazy ‘kill ‘em all let Horus sort em out’ energy

so it’s the 3rd self that killed Leila’s dad? Mark then shot himself?

They’re really holding onto that last reveal, that dude must be a game ender- he’s just going to come with that crazy ‘kill ‘em all let Horus sort em out’ energy
I thought that during Marc/Steven's trip to Legion-land (gimme moar Aubrey Plaza, kthx) that when the 2 of 'em were running around right before Ms. Hippo showed up, the 3rd personality was in that shaking sarcophagus in the room they passed, they were going to open it and reveal him, until they didn't...

This show has shattered all expectations I had of it, it is so good...

Welp, that escalated quickly in the last 20 min or so LOL... smoke 'em if you got 'em or eat your edibles before watching this episode lol...
What a perfect day for it, too :hihi:

I thought that during Marc/Steven's trip to Legion-land (gimme moar Aubrey Plaza, kthx) that when the 2 of 'em were running around right before Ms. Hippo showed up, the 3rd personality was in that shaking sarcophagus in the room they passed, they were going to open it and reveal him, until they didn't...
Yup
Such teases

I'm really enjoying this series.

The last part of this episode broke my head. Hi!

When they were putting Khonshu's statue on the shelf, there were a fair few others around it, so maybe the missing ones are there. I didn't count them, but I think there were more than four more though.
I thought the same thing when I saw that wall of statues. There were at least 9.

I'm assuming that sarcophagus is holding his third personality, and something is going to open it in the next episode, and then all kind of wild, wacky will ensue...

Um wait! It already did!! I mean, what?? What kind of mind trip is going on here??? If this stuff happened in the comic, it was after I stopped reading them (which is admittedly is a pretty long time). I have no idea where this is loony bin angle is going.

My theory is it’s some sort of purgatory since he’s obviously not dead, but not totally alive. I think there is Egyptian mythology to sort of match that. I think the friendly hippo is the god who wasn’t a total dick to Marc, there to help him get out and free Khonshu

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom