Moon Knight Discussion (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

While I'm really enjoying the show, and Oscar Issac is putting on an absolute acting clinic, I would have liked a little more Moon Knight in the Moon Knight show. We have reached Book of Boba Fett levels of not showing the title character.

While I'm really enjoying the show, and Oscar Issac is putting on an absolute acting clinic, I would have liked a little more Moon Knight in the Moon Knight show. We have reached Book of Boba Fett levels of not showing the title character.
I WISH Boba had been done this well. I think they are just fleshing out the character under the wraps. Once he frees Khonshu, we'll start seeing more Moonknight.

I WISH Boba had been done this well. I think they are just fleshing out the character under the wraps. Once he frees Khonshu, we'll start seeing more Moonknight.

I think this was only 6 episodes right? That means next week would be the finale.

I don't want to insinuate I'm comparing the quality of the shows. This and BoBF are on completely different planes of existence. I was just comparing the lack of the title character the last couple of episodes and in the series as a whole.

I think this was only 6 episodes right? That means next week would be the finale.

I don't want to insinuate I'm comparing the quality of the shows. This and BoBF are on completely different planes of existence. I was just comparing the lack of the title character the last couple of episodes and in the series as a whole.
I think this was ep. 5...? Maybe?

Yea they are either going to shock us with how they tie everything together, have a long episode, or it means we’re getting a second season. Imo

Yea they are either going to shock us with how they tie everything together, have a long episode, or it means we’re getting a second season. Imo
Or he is getting inserted into one of the upcoming movies?

usually after the penultimate episode i like to walk through where we are in the plot and see/guess what narrative threads need tying off
i'm not doing that here, i am recognizing that part of what's going on is fundamentally questioning the nature of reality (not only here but in Wanda, Loki, Dr Strange as well). I'll accept everything up until mark got shot - after that both Hippo and Harrow are potentially 'correct' and much more than that/blended versions of each
pretty sure, like Loki and Wanda, the end is going to ask more questions than it answers
and i'm more than fine with that

usually after the penultimate episode i like to walk through where we are in the plot and see/guess what narrative threads need tying off
i'm not doing that here, i am recognizing that part of what's going on is fundamentally questioning the nature of reality (not only here but in Wanda, Loki, Dr Strange as well). I'll accept everything up until mark got shot - after that both Hippo and Harrow are potentially 'correct' and much more than that/blended versions of each
pretty sure, like Loki and Wanda, the end is going to ask more questions than it answers
and i'm more than fine with that
I'm pretty certain "Dr. Harrow" and the entire asylum were nothing more than a construct of Marc's mind, while the Hippo is in "reality" when she tells him he died and has entered the realm of the dead.
Now where we're headed from there, I have no idea...

What I'm wondering is how could the scales balance for Marc when he still has another personality within him?
Also wondering how he'll rescue Steven because I feel like that's coming somehow.
And does he have to break out Khonshou while he (Marc) is in the ethereal plain?
What's happened t poor Layla? She had the Ammit idol when Marc was shot, didn't she?
On the scales, one possibility is that any other personalities weren't being weighed. Taking what we saw on face value, Taweret only took the hearts of Marc and Stephen. As for why they balanced, the implication of the timing is that the scales balanced because Steven was gone, but it could be a bit more than that. When the scales balanced, both hearts were still there. From what we saw in the episode, Steven was specifically there to have a "happy, simple, normal, life," without the trauma of Marc's childhood ("You do not need to see that. That's the whole point of you."). But with Steven reconciling Marc to it not being his fault, and Steven accepting that he is Marc ("But if I'm you... it means I've got this too."), it could be that process of reconciliation for both Steven and Marc playing out. That ultimately finished with Steven being claimed by the unbalanced souls of the Duat, but it could be that the scales would have balanced anyway. Just speculating.

As for the rest, good questions. I'm guessing Ammit might have been freed on account of the 'fear spreading in the upper world' and 'unbalanced souls being judged or condemned to the sands before their time'. And presumably Layla has to be free (or be freed) since their plan seemed to be to get Tawaret to get word to Layla and somehow help free Khonshu so Marc/Steven wouldn't just go back to a dead body. Maybe Tawaret has an avatar who'll get involved?

I'm still wondering how freeing Ammit or Khonshu works at all, since you'd think the other gods would just go, "None of that," and immediately imprison them again.

Can't wait for the finale.

And he still hasn't mooned anyone!

Just read that the Finale will set a record for runtime. As the shortest at 44 minutes. That is disappointing as I feel like this story could have easily pulled 10 episodes or more.

On the scales, one possibility is that any other personalities weren't being weighed. Taking what we saw on face value, Taweret only took the hearts of Marc and Stephen. As for why they balanced, the implication of the timing is that the scales balanced because Steven was gone, but it could be a bit more than that. When the scales balanced, both hearts were still there. From what we saw in the episode, Steven was specifically there to have a "happy, simple, normal, life," without the trauma of Marc's childhood ("You do not need to see that. That's the whole point of you."). But with Steven reconciling Marc to it not being his fault, and Steven accepting that he is Marc ("But if I'm you... it means I've got this too."), it could be that process of reconciliation for both Steven and Marc playing out. That ultimately finished with Steven being claimed by the unbalanced souls of the Duat, but it could be that the scales would have balanced anyway. Just speculating.

As for the rest, good questions. I'm guessing Ammit might have been freed on account of the 'fear spreading in the upper world' and 'unbalanced souls being judged or condemned to the sands before their time'. And presumably Layla has to be free (or be freed) since their plan seemed to be to get Tawaret to get word to Layla and somehow help free Khonshu so Marc/Steven wouldn't just go back to a dead body. Maybe Tawaret has an avatar who'll get involved?

I'm still wondering how freeing Ammit or Khonshu works at all, since you'd think the other gods would just go, "None of that," and immediately imprison them again.

Can't wait for the finale.

And he still hasn't mooned anyone!
I'm guessing that Layla was caught because it appears as though Ahmet was freed. Layla had the statue. Maybe she got away though?[/Spoiler,]

Just read that the Finale will set a record for runtime. As the shortest at 44 minutes. That is disappointing as I feel like this story could have easily pulled 10 episodes or more.

It really feels like it is just hitting it's stride. I hope there is a season 2 or this is setting up a feature film. I am really enjoying this.

Gotta wrap up this, Picard S2, and the Ozark series finale all this week.

I hate finales to shows that I actually like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom