Moon Pies (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
When I see a moon pie, I think it would be really good, but it usually isn't. The concept is great, but the cookies they use seem like they are stale.
I am looking into making my own so I can have a crisper cookie, but do any of you know of a brand that has a crisper cookie?
Do people actually like the soft/stale-ish cookies that Moon Pies use?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When I see a moon pie, I think it would be really good, but it usually isn't. The concept is great, but the cookies they use seem like they are stale.
I am looking into making my own so I can have a crisper cookie, but do any of you know of a brand that has a crisper cookie?
moon pies are throws in certain parades, so it's hard for me to evaluate them independent of that
but in general i prefer a softer/gooier cookie to a crispy one (except for ginger snaps)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No one asked. No one cares. But believe it or not, I won the "2019 Moon Pie Distance Throwing World Championships." Thanks to COVID I'm still technically the defending champ.

The aforementioned "stale cookie" is one of the reasons I was able to manipulate the moon pie and win.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No one asked. No one cares. But believe it or not, I won the "2019 Moon Pie Distance Throwing World Championships." Thanks to COVID I'm still technically the defending champ.

The aforementioned "stale cookie" is one of the reasons I was able to manipulate the moon pie and win.
1623352984384.png

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and FWIW, I pop the moon pie in the microwave for 8 seconds (10-12 in some models) to just soften the whole thing up. It is one of the ways to "take advantage" of the cookie issue. Because no matter what you're not getting a crispy cookie ever.

OP
tomwaits

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
moon pies are throws in certain parades, so it's hard for me to evaluate them independent of that
but in general i prefer a softer/gooier cookie to a crispy one (except for ginger snaps)

So the marshmallow cream sandwiched in-between should be gooey, but the cookie part too?

OP
tomwaits

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Oh, and FWIW, I pop the moon pie in the microwave for 8 seconds (10-12 in some models) to just soften the whole thing up. It is one of the ways to "take advantage" of the cookie issue. Because no matter what you're not getting a crispy cookie ever.

I think I can make one that is crispy.
We have the technology.

iStock-1158536018-1268x592.jpg

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Don't leave us hanging. How far did you throw it?

Reaction score
Try the Little Debbies . Every grocery store has them.

Reaction score
I guess this is goodbye then...
I'd think that the crispy cookie might make for an unstable eating experience. I can see that filling being pushed out by the force needed to chomp thru the cookies.

Maybe if you can get a really firm consistency on the filling it'll work.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If the design is for contrast of hard and soft, moon pie does don’t get it right at either end of the spectrum. I am not wild about marshmallows in too many applications beyond rice crispy treats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom