Moon Pies (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
When I see a moon pie, I think it would be really good, but it usually isn't. The concept is great, but the cookies they use seem like they are stale.
I am looking into making my own so I can have a crisper cookie, but do any of you know of a brand that has a crisper cookie?
Do people actually like the soft/stale-ish cookies that Moon Pies use?

When I see a moon pie, I think it would be really good, but it usually isn't. The concept is great, but the cookies they use seem like they are stale.
I am looking into making my own so I can have a crisper cookie, but do any of you know of a brand that has a crisper cookie?
moon pies are throws in certain parades, so it's hard for me to evaluate them independent of that
but in general i prefer a softer/gooier cookie to a crispy one (except for ginger snaps)

No one asked. No one cares. But believe it or not, I won the "2019 Moon Pie Distance Throwing World Championships." Thanks to COVID I'm still technically the defending champ.

The aforementioned "stale cookie" is one of the reasons I was able to manipulate the moon pie and win.

No one asked. No one cares. But believe it or not, I won the "2019 Moon Pie Distance Throwing World Championships." Thanks to COVID I'm still technically the defending champ.

The aforementioned "stale cookie" is one of the reasons I was able to manipulate the moon pie and win.
1623352984384.png

Oh, and FWIW, I pop the moon pie in the microwave for 8 seconds (10-12 in some models) to just soften the whole thing up. It is one of the ways to "take advantage" of the cookie issue. Because no matter what you're not getting a crispy cookie ever.

moon pies are throws in certain parades, so it's hard for me to evaluate them independent of that
but in general i prefer a softer/gooier cookie to a crispy one (except for ginger snaps)

So the marshmallow cream sandwiched in-between should be gooey, but the cookie part too?

Oh, and FWIW, I pop the moon pie in the microwave for 8 seconds (10-12 in some models) to just soften the whole thing up. It is one of the ways to "take advantage" of the cookie issue. Because no matter what you're not getting a crispy cookie ever.

I think I can make one that is crispy.
We have the technology.

iStock-1158536018-1268x592.jpg

Don't leave us hanging. How far did you throw it?

Try the Little Debbies . Every grocery store has them.

I guess this is goodbye then...
I'd think that the crispy cookie might make for an unstable eating experience. I can see that filling being pushed out by the force needed to chomp thru the cookies.

Maybe if you can get a really firm consistency on the filling it'll work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom