Moore or Meachem Against Philly??? (1 Viewer)

Oddfunk

2/7/10 BABY!!!
Reaction score
I have to pick which one to start in my fantasy league. Which would you choose and who do you think will get the most touches against the Philly D? I got burned picking Lance last week b/c he only had 2 catches. Meachem got the TD and I was kicking myself in the arse. It's a hard decision.

The Eagles DB's are very good, so its a tough match-up for either. I would go with Moore, just because he has a more defined role in the offense.

I don't know that either will get you very many points but I'd say Meachem because he got quite a few more touches than Moore last week and Payton stated in his press conference after the Detroit game that he felt like he didn't get Meachem enough touches.

That doesn't mean that Meachem will be more productive but I think he will have roughly twice as many snaps as Moore which greatly increases his chances to be more productive.

Of course, all of this is JMO.

I'd take the shot and go with Meachem. Lance is a consistent guy who may get more catches, but we all know Drew is going to air it out to Meach a handful of times in the game, and he is more of a big play WR than Lance is.

if you get points for kick return yardage then go with meachem, otherwise put Moore in.

My thought is Philli will be over protective of the long ball, and therefore give up lots of 5-15 yard catches and thats what Moore has come to excel at.

Damn I love our receivers!

I love our receivers, but it's dilemmas like this that have led to me giving up on them fantasy-wise. I can't count the number of times I've started the wrong one. You never know who's going to get the ball.

if you get points for kick return yardage then go with meachem, otherwise put Moore in.

My thought is Philli will be over protective of the long ball, and therefore give up lots of 5-15 yard catches and thats what Moore has come to excel at.

It has already been confirmed that Roby will be the primary returner with Mike Bell as the secondary kick returner.

Since our Saints are awesome at spreading the ball around, it's a tough choice! I am really a fan of Lance. He's consistent and exciting to watch. I was surprised at how little they used him last week. On the other hand, I was so excited when we drafted Meachem and was disappointed that his injury kept him off the field his first season. He is talented, fast and big and I know he'll be a star receiver. If Payton said that Meachem didn't get enough touches then it seems he would be the better pick this week. Knowing my luck though-- Lance will have his day. Uggg

No points for kick return yardage. That is a good point though about the Philly D. They probably will be playing for the deep ball which will open up all that short yardage to Moore (he's great at that).

Meach. Moore has to get 10 balls thrown his way to put up fantasy numbers worth a darn. Meach only needs one. Seems simple enough, right? 'Course I've been wrong before.

I see alot of short, quick passes early in the game to get the blitz to back off some so Lance could see quite a few catches.

The only Saints WR worth starting in fantasy football is Colston, everybody else is a crap shoot. I have no idea which other receiver Drew will target from week to week.

That's tough,Lance will probably get more yards and touches while Meachem is the long ball TD threat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom