Mora Sr: Vick a coach killer (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am sure Mora's comments have been discussed on here, but here is an article for those who have not heard the remarks:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/11/16/colts/1.html

I have a couple comments. First of all, Mora Sr has one of the worst cases of foot and mouth disease in the world. Did he somehow forget his son coaches Atlanta? Did he not have a clue how miserable his comments would make life for his son? I am sure he is giving an honest opinion, but you have to know he would not have put his son in that situation if he had half a brain. It also makes Mora look like he is building in a ready excuse for his son if their team fails.

And just what the Saints need, someone to fire up Vick before our big game. I think its fair to say Michale Vick is inconsistent, but when hot he has torn the saints up. Thanks big Mora, you musty not know diddly poo about giving a guy posterboard material. You thought you did, but you dont and you never will.

You know, I have pretty much thought for years that Dan in Lafayette was a webmaster killer as a moderator. But would I come out and say that? Duh.

I think Joe in OKC will probably run every strip joint he steps foot in into the ground, but I have more sense than to come out and say it.

Some people just have no common sense.

Last edited:
I agree with him 100% and I love it. Too much sugar-coating going on. Of course, this should have came after the Saints game.

Jim Mora's comments won't make a hill of beans difference in the way Mike Vick plays on Sunday. If anything, it may make him press more and that could work for some badly needed turnovers.
The guy is an athlete, but he is not a week in and week out NFL Quarterback who can consistently lead a team. That may change one day, but he has not shown that so far in his time in the NFL. The Saints just have to do exactly the same thing they did in September and that is keep him inside that pocket so he does not torch us for those 50 yard runs. If he is to beat us, then let it be thru the air and not with his legs or Warrick Dunn's running!

I love Jim Mora and have myself made threads on teh Atlanta Falcons about the same subject. Both Jim Mora and I are right, Vick is a coach killer and "STD spreader":hihi:

I agree with him 100% and I love it. Too much sugar-coating going on.

Yeah, but this misses my point.

Coach killer is kind of harsh, but its not unreasonable to argue that Michael Vick is too inconsistent as a passer to win conssitently in the NFL now that defense pretty much take the run away from him.

The point is that Mora Sr, while a comentator with a right to his own opinion, probaly should not have put his son in this situation. I am sure Mora Sr did not stop to think about what a difficult situation he put his son in while the falcons are very much still in the hunt.

Its not a question of being politically correct. If John Clayton or someone else said this it would nt be much news. From Mora Sr, it makes it sound like he is making excuses for Mora Jr and it further damages a deteriorating relationship between coach and player.

I promise you Mora Sr gave it little thought at the time and right now is regretting it big time. Mora Jr has had to call a meeting with Vick to smooth it over.

Insofar as the saints having some blueprint to stop Vick, who knows. Vick had his biggest game this year against Philly after they opened it up and let him throw. The way Vick hurst you in the air is when he scrambles until the defense loses an assignment. On a lot of his throws his receivers are wide open after coverage breaks down which means he doesnt have to be as accurate.

I hope he struggles this Sunday. You might be able to name Haslett among the coaches he has killed given his success against the saints in key games.

Well he did kill Reeves, but yeah if I didn't know better I'd think that Jim has a bit of resentment of our quick start and a bit of relief in our recent slide. I too believe that Vick can use this as motivation. As for us, 6-0= a 1st round bye and Dome-field advantage in January. If that isn't motivation enough than all one needs to do is read Kevin Burnett's comments in my post : Cowboys want to take it away from us. That ought to fire 'em up!

Mora the Younger has pretty much dismissed Papa James' statements

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom