Morbius trailer (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Granted, I don't know a whole lot about the character, but this doesn't look too bad.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought this was part of the Venom-verse, not the MCU. I guess I missed the memo.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Didn't realize Sony had the rights to Morbius. Perhaps they decided to give a horror-based comic film a try since news is the next Dr. Strange is being filmed with the idea of it being horror-genre.
Michael Morbius is an interesting character in the comics. However, he is a vampire, and most vampire movies aren't very good (Blade and Blade II being exceptions). This could be really good or it could be a campy mess. Hoping it will be the former.

Brock Meaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm into this. At the very least, it looks better than Venom.

And as far as I understand it, Sony can use whatever they want Spider-related from the MCU because they own the characters, but stuff from Sony's Spider-Verse won't necessarily cross over into the MCU proper. So if Marvel were to use Kraven, for example, in Spider-Man 3, he could then be in an eventual Sony Sinister Six movie, but Morbius, Venom, etc. that start life as Sony movies won't necessarily ever appear or be referenced in the MCU. Which on one hand hurts a bit because I'd love to see Venom done right, for one. But on the other is fine, as long as Spider-Man gets to keep being a part of Marvel proper. And the very idea of the Spider-verse keeps the door open for them to actually cross over when/if it makes business sense for both companies.

Brock Meaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't realize Sony had the rights to Morbius. Perhaps they decided to give a horror-based comic film a try since news is the next Dr. Strange is being filmed with the idea of it being horror-genre.
Michael Morbius is an interesting character in the comics. However, he is a vampire, and most vampire movies aren't very good (Blade and Blade II being exceptions). This could be really good or it could be a campy mess. Hoping it will be the former.

And yep, my first thought after seeing this was "man, it would be cool if Blade and Morbius could cross over" knowing that a new Blade movie is coming down the line. It would be even better if they could have some adventures with Moon Knight, Punisher, and Ghost Rider. Maybe one day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom