More accolades for Brees!!!(Merged x3) (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Presco slams Vick, touts Brees (Merged)

But Brees can do something Vick can't, which is to put his foot in the ground, scan a field and find the open receiver...It's called passing the football...Oh, but they have all those Vick run-around highlights to hang their hat on.
- Pete Prisco

Forget Vick's flash, streaking Saints loving hot Brees
Nov. 26, 2006
By Pete Prisco
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

ATLANTA -- The coaches will talk about schemes and blitzes and coverage and formations and all that stuff Monday when they evaluate the New Orleans Saints' 31-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

But I can save them all the analysis and sum up why the game went the way it did. Here goes: One team can pass the football; the other can't.

It's that simple.

READ MORE

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9830296

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
LOL, we posted at the same time.

Merge I guess.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
I don't think we can delete our own threads.

But you posted it first anyways. Mine should be deleted/merged.

OP
ThaMain1

ThaMain1

Crash and Dash
Reaction score
This post and another with the same story posted within a couple of minutes. lol

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But, but, but...I thought Prisco hated the Saints. Isn't that what everyone on this board said? :shrug:

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
No, we can't delete our own threads on this board. I forgot. :)

I loved this left-handed compliment by Prisco:

"Michael Vick continued to show he's the best single-wing quarterback in the league..."

:hahahaha:

Blue

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Great article. Was anyone else worried when it looked like Vick might be injured late in the game? The last thing I wanted was a Falcon QB who could pass in the game at that point. lol

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"That's asking a lot, especially since the Pee Wee game on the Georgia Dome field following Sunday's game probably had better designed offenses than what the Falcons use."

Damn!!

CHEF

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The guy that left the message after the article is right. Vick is a very exciting player. Truly a human highlight reel. The media is so quick to jump on a good story and quick to get off of it. A month ago the media was gaagaa over Vick's newfound throwing ability. Now the media has reverted to the same old habits, as has Vick. But it isn't Vick's fault that his receivers can't catch the ball. Had the receiver caught that underthrown ball, the outcome could have been different.

I am ecstatic that Brees plays for the Saints. But Vick is not the problem in Atlanta, it's the coaches who don't know how to properly use him and the receivers who cannot catch a cold. Vick will be in Atlanta next year, Mora Jr. won't be.

Get used to it with the media. The past two weeks the Saints have been left for dead by the media. Now all of a sudden we're in vogue again now that we've won a game. The media is such a fickle bunch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
How to watch Saints vs. Packers: TV information, expert predictions, how to get live updates, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: For Drew Brees, Saints' showdown vs. Packers about more than matchup vs. Aaron Rodgers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Why haven't Hall of Fame locks Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers won more Super Bowls? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After fine, Sean Payton admits he needs 'to be more diligent' with face covering during games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Early-season NFL QB awards: Best start, most improved, most nimble, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL Teams are 294-3947 all-time when allowing 34 or more points, Look no further then the Defense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
How to watch, follow Saints vs. Raiders: Get key broadcast information, expert picks, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints are handling road games in 2020: 'Buyouts' of most hotels, more buses than usual Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Empty stadiums may make the hard count more effective for veteran QBs like Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Poll Which Offensive Player would you like to see more of in coming weeks Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
CSC’s Week 2 fantasy waiver wire, Saints D/ST and more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Demario Davis, Terron Armstead, and Drew Brees host a roundtable. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Billgluckman Brees film study, feel a little better Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Is this Drew Brees "Crossroads" game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Taysom Hill usage, Drew Brees' finger licks, not panicking Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Inside Drew Brees' slow start: A lack of aggressive throws from Saints QB, not arm strength Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Summed7 Are Drew Brees’s Days As a Deep-Ball Artist Behind Him? The Ringer article Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
jasonsw How many passes 20 yards or over will Drew Brees complete Sunday Night? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Andrus Drew Brees Talks Taysom, Getting Back on Track vs Packers in Week 3 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints' Drew Brees pushes back on notion he's in decline: 'I feel good, borderline great' SR News Page Articles 0
The internet says Drew Brees is cooked. He says he feels 'good, borderline great' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees remains confident, feels 'borderline great' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees still confident, feels “Borderline great” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Why all isnt lost when it comes to Brees. Plus point spread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Warren moon on brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
Article: Is Drew Brees done? USA Today - Really Interesting Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 66
Andrus Drew Brees following MNF defeat: 'We're not even close to what we're capable of' SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Should we be concerned about Drew Brees and the Saints? SR News Page Articles 0
Brees has been bad. Jordan, Lattimore, Peat, Rankins and M. Williams have been worse Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 49
Brees - Inaccurate Throws Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Zero chance Brees gets benched Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Drew Brees explains momentum-swinging interception in Saints loss: 'Shouldn't have thrown it' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Saints offense: “Not even close to what we’re capable of” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees: Job is to direct Saints, not rack up air yards Saints RSS News Feeds 0
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees acts his age in off-target loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees cleats Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Billgluckman Drew brees (yeah I know) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 105
After the Brees int.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Brees INT....Downhill from there!!! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Las Vegas Raiders expect to upset Drew Brees and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Emmanuel Sanders says Saints and Brees are unified, ready to pick up slack for Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0