More embarrassing for Peyton?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the allegations of the Colts pumping in crowd noise to disrupt opposing offenses.

I don't think theres a team in the NFL that is pure as the wind driven snow, no matter how classy people think the Colts are.

Or the Pats coach to QB communication being down the entire game in Indy this year. Every team does something to get an edge.

His team blowing a game at home to a team without its starting QB, RB, and with the benefit of 2 phantom calls?

OR....

THIS piece of trash

<OBJECT height=331 width=420>
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x41gu3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="331" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></OBJECT>
a6h9jh4dw3
Uploaded by Hishighness

Shameless...

Why is it a piece of trash? I think it's pretty cool with the Manning mom and dad.

Last edited:
Ripping on the Manning's is no different than ripping on TO? Is that supposed to be a joke?

I really dont get your NFL bigamy, and I bet most people here dont either.

The Patriots cheated, they got caught cheating, and every time people talk about their year, they will talk about the cheating in the same sentence. And their arrogance. They are nothing like the Colts. Better team? Yes. More loved? Not in a million years.

Have a good run Pats :)

Not to mention that Manning was 1-7 on the final drive and almost got Reggie Wayne killed. That said, the game yesterday was much more the fault of his receivers for turning two completions into INTs. The 6 INT game where he got nothing but positive reviews though was inexcusable and showed media bias at its worst.

How is it that Peyton was outscored 7-0 by Billy Volek over the final 10 minutes?

Why did Indy desperately need to score at the end? Because despite a series of huge breaks — a Nate Kaeding FG that hit the upright, a questionable holding call that negated a San Diego TD and a phantom pass interference call on the Bolts — and injuries to LaDainian Tomlinson and Philip Rivers, the Colts couldn't hold any of the four leads they had in this game.

And at the end, Manning was at his worst. On the final two possessions, which included a first-and-goal, the Colts came up empty as Manning went 1-for-his-last-7 for five yards.

One year after becoming the first quarterback to win the Super Bowl with more interceptions than touchdowns in the postseason, Manning couldn't overcome those two picks in the red zone on Sunday. In his last nine playoff games, Manning has thrown 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. (By comparison, Tom Brady has thrown 17 TDs and six picks in his last nine playoff games.)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7674738

How is it that Peyton was outscored 7-0 by Billy Volek over the final 10 minutes?

Why did Indy desperately need to score at the end? Because despite a series of huge breaks — a Nate Kaeding FG that hit the upright, a questionable holding call that negated a San Diego TD and a phantom pass interference call on the Bolts — and injuries to LaDainian Tomlinson and Philip Rivers, the Colts couldn't hold any of the four leads they had in this game.

And at the end, Manning was at his worst. On the final two possessions, which included a first-and-goal, the Colts came up empty as Manning went 1-for-his-last-7 for five yards.

One year after becoming the first quarterback to win the Super Bowl with more interceptions than touchdowns in the postseason, Manning couldn't overcome those two picks in the red zone on Sunday. In his last nine playoff games, Manning has thrown 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. (By comparison, Tom Brady has thrown 17 TDs and six picks in his last nine playoff games.)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7674738

Did you even watch the game? Peyton threw for 400 yards and 3td's. He threw 2 picks that bounced off his receivers hands. He did nothing to lose that game. If i remember correctly there were at least 2 drops on the last 2 drives including Dallas Clark dropping a perfectly thrown ball on the last 4th down play. The colts lost b/c their defense sucked, and their receivers dropped two balls in the redzone.

Manning had a down year in general, injuries to key players (Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney) and the usual pitfalls that happen to the Super Bowl winning team (see Pittsburgh last season).

Actually, I was impressed with the Chargers. I doubt many teams could win a playoff game in Indianapolis w/o their starting quarterback, last year's league MVP at running back, a gimpy all pro tight end and so forth.

The calls? Eh... you know what, I saw bad calls throught the playoffs... the Chargers still stopped the Colts with a great goal line stand and again with 1:42 left in the game.

I like Peyton Manning's commericals because they generally are funny (Priceless Pep Talks... "my advice to you is wear bigger shirts") and he is a likable person on television -that's why he gets the markeing deals he does.

Brady may or may not get the same offers Manning does, but I can't imagine Brady doing the types of commericals Manning does simply because that's not the persona he gives. He is viewed far too seriously. Manning is intense, but at the same time, he can poke fun that same intensity, because of the persona he gives off elsewhere.

It's the same reason why Brett Favre remains as popular as he does... even at 38 years old, he still plays like a little kid... carrying his receiver after breaking Marino's record, throwing snowballs at his teammates during a game and so on...

Philip Rivers, on the other hand, needs to learn to ignore the heckling fans on the road and do his job. Getting caught on TV talking smack to the fans is just stupid, IMO.

Did you even watch the game? Peyton threw for 400 yards and 3td's. He threw 2 picks that bounced off his receivers hands. He did nothing to lose that game. If i remember correctly there were at least 2 drops on the last 2 drives including Dallas Clark dropping a perfectly thrown ball on the last 4th down play. The colts lost b/c their defense sucked, and their receivers dropped two balls in the redzone.

I watched every minute of it and those were all facts. Shame he couldn't get more than 5 yards on 2 drives at crunch time

Wow...nobody bashed Peyton this much when he hung 55 on us in 2003....why start now?

Wow...nobody bashed Peyton this much when he hung 55 on us in 2003....why start now?

Or as I call it: the "Jenny from Alaska" game. From the name you can tell that my experience that night once leaving the dome was more interesting than the Saints getting murdered on the field. Fortunately back then i had a friend that worked one of the beer stands so everything past the 1st qtr is slightly hazy :9: but I digress.

Or as I call it: the "Jenny from Alaska" game. From the name you can tell that my experience that night once leaving the dome was more interesting than the Saints getting murdered on the field. Fortunately back then i had a friend that worked one of the beer stands so everything past the 1st qtr is slightly hazy :9: but I digress.

Oh...how I wish I could forget that night.....we didn't stand a chance..:covri:

heh, this is pretty funny:

New England Patriots [team stats] QB/QT Tom Brady [stats] didn’t want to dish on the lickin’ his good buddy Peyton Manning took from the San Diego Chargers during his weekly call-in to WEEI’s “Dennis & Callahan” morning show yesterday.

But Tommy did come out strongly against No. 18’s crummy call on Double Stuf Oreos!

Peyton, his bro, Eli - the only Manning remaining in the NFL playoffs - and their parents, Archie and Olivia appear in a TV spot for the classic cookies where the boys have an Oreo lick-off!

“I am going to have to give him some crap for that one,” chuckled No. 12, who jokingly complained that he should have had a crack at the spot because he worked “on my Double-Stuf lick all off-season.”

If you haven’t seen the ad, it begins with the Brothers Manning at a press conference announcing their intent to become “two-sport athletes” by joining the “Double Stuf Racing League” as cookie-lickin’ jocks.

The boys then compete with each other in a lick-off in an empty stadium (it was filmed at Peyton’s alma mater, the University of Tennessee) complete with a referee.

Eli, the New York Giants QB, asks his big bro at the end of the spot, “Are we making a mistake?”

Well, Tom Brady thinks so!

“I laughed at that,” he told John and Gerry. “It’s pretty funny.”

So, what was the payday for the Mannings on that cookie campaign?

“I hope a helluva lot of money,” said Tom. “They are not going to live that one down.”

<a href="http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1066545&srvc=home&position=7">LINK</a>

Speaking of that game, I never did understand how people can call the Pats classless for running up the score this year, but love Peyton and call him all class, when he has done the same thing too us the last two times we've played him.

Speaking of that game, I never did understand how people can call the Pats classless for running up the score this year, but love Peyton and call him all class, when he has done the same thing too us the last two times we've played him.

I think the difference is he didn't try to hang up that many points, our secondary just handed it to him on a platter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom