More Haunting For The Falcons: Trading Favre or 28-3? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Had this argument with a friend yesterday. He said while blowing the biggest lead in the Super Bowl is embarrassing, he said trading a HOF QB who went on to win the Super Bowl is worse.
I said 28-3 was worse.

What about trading up with the Chargers for Vick while the Chargers drafted LT and Drew?

28-3 is worse, they were in the Super Bowl and should have won it. If they kept Favre there is no telling whether or not the rest of the team would have been good enough for him to bring them home a Lombardi. Not just players but the coaching staff as well. That's more of an unknown.

This is more a hypothetical question, i’m sure, solely for the fact that the opportunity to bring up 28-3 never gets old.

I would say the 28-3, the Vick trade, giving up Favre, #2points, General Sherman......

There's a bunch, I say we just enjoy them all.

I'm gonna go with that "ghost town" of a stadium / sphincter dome.... it's almost completely empty on gameday... It's spooky I tell ya.... spooky!

Last edited:
The "could've been" vs the "it was".

People may have forgotten, but that SB run, it was defense and Desmond-freaking-Howard who carried the team through the playoffs, and consequently won it. Howard even was that SB MVP.

More haunting? definitely 28-3. They were up by 4 scores, a quarter and a half away from winning the SB, and they lost. That is b.r.u.t.a.l.

I mean they had Favre and Deion Sanders....and went 28-3...traded up to get Vick and left LT and Breesus on the board....that team is full of L's....thank the Iwa they made my childhood music good...Atlanta has nothing but good looking women and rap music.

28-3 for sure. There are so many variables when talking about NFL players compared to the other sports. Even if they keep Farve there's no guarantee he would have turned into the same player he was in Green Bay under Holmgreen. Its kinda like when you hear about how the Dolphins could have had Brees. Does Brees have the same career under Saban that he would go on to have under Payton?

On the other hand you have a 28-3 lead in the second half of the Super Bowl which should all but gurantee that you will be hoisting a Lombardi trophy and somehow you blew it. That has to hurt more than a "what if" scenario.

I appreciate the creative attempt to keep 28-3 somewhere on the SSF main page. The answer is CLEARLY 28-3.

Who knows.....maybe if they had kept Favre he might have lead them to a Superbowl, they might have established a nice healthy 28-3 lead late in the game, and then the rest is STILL history.

Meh...Who knows if Favre woudve been who he became if he stayed in Atlanta. To me, it's easily the choke job that led to their historically epic face plant in the Super Bowl. They still havent recovered, LOL!

Ugh...28-3. Having Favre guarantees squat. Unless squat= throwing an untimely interception in important games.

thank the Iwa they made my childhood music good...Atlanta has nothing but good looking women and rap music.

Guys like Outkast & Luda have now taken a backseat to guys like Future & Gucci Mane (n) and they surely coulda kept Soulja boy :sick: so they ain't even good @ rap anymore if ya ask me

But the women? YEZZIR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom