More info on zoo tiger attack - Slingshots and Vodka (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
If these young men were deliberately shooting a tiger in a pit with slingshots, they deserved everything that happened to them.

Despicable torture of an animal. Now I'm mad the cat got killed in the deal.

NEW YORK POST
TIGER BROTHERS HAD SLINGSHOTS
By EMMETT BERG

January 1, 2008 -- SAN FRANCISCO - Two brothers who were injured when a tiger attacked them at the San Francisco Zoo had slingshots on them at the time, a source said.

An empty vodka bottle was also found in a car used by Amritpal Dhaliwal, 19, and his brother, Kulbir, 23, on the day of the mauling, which left 17-year-old Carlos Sousa Jr. dead, according to the source.

The discoveries could be an indication that the brothers may have taunted the 350-pound Siberian tiger before it leapt from its grotto.

READ MORE
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01012008/news/nationalnews/tiger_brothers_had_slingshots_480170.htm

that tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went tiger.-- chris rock

An attorney interviewed on Fox said the slingshots and vodka are irrevelent to the case; the zoo had substandard enclosures. It's good to be an attorney.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;=)

Why would that change anything about the tiger getting killed?

Most people respect animals such as lions, tigers and bears because of the power and their ability to take down just about any animal at any size. If you are too ignorant to heed that warning, then you get what you deserve.

Killing that tigers for doing the very same thing it is admired and respected for is just down right lunacy (ooops, sorry). Why have it in a so called simulated environment if you don't want the REAL reactions?

That tiger did what what was expected of ANY tiger. Take out any threats to their survival. And for that act, the tiger was killed. Pretty bassackwards if you ask me.

Ok I was young too, I just dont remember drinking a bottle of Vodka before entering Audubon Zoo. then again maybe thats because of the Vodka?

And slingshots? Now if it was a "wrist-rocket" i can see. I used to take out doves/pigeons on powerlines with a wrist-rocket. That I can see the Tiger losing it over....

If this is true, man was that ever dumb.

Has anyone contacted the Darwin folks yet?

Last edited:
An attorney interviewed on Fox said the slingshots and vodka are irrevelent to the case; the zoo had substandard enclosures. It's good to be an attorney.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;=)

Translated:

It is irresponsible to expect anyone to take responsibility for their actions.

From the news articles I've been reading this morning "slingshotting" has become a fad lately as the alternative to drive-by shooting.

Given that modern, folding wrist-rocket type slingshots fit in your back pocket and carry the same punch at close range as a .38 handgun, the slingshot is now commonly listed as a deadly weapon.

MISSISSIPPI
SEC. 97-37-1. Deadly weapons; carrying while concealed; use or attempt to use; penalties.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in Section 45-9-101, any person who carries, concealed in whole or in part, any bowie knife, dirk knife, butcher knife, switchblade knife, metallic knuckles, blackjack, slingshot, pistol, revolver, or any rifle with a barrel of less than sixteen (16) inches in length, or any shotgun with a barrel of less than eighteen (18) inches in length, machine gun or any fully automatic firearm or deadly weapon, or any muffler or silencer for any firearm...

http://www.mscode.com/free/statutes/97/037/0001.htm

Definitely in the running for a Darwin Award.

Really one-third of an award since one of three died. If a successful claim is rendered, then we're talking kitty lotto here. That trumps the Darwin award. :9:

Tiger's life > 3 human teenager lives

While the actions of those clowns could certainly be considered the catalyst of the attack, I still agree with the zoo being held liable. The tiger could've escaped due to some other motivation at some point. Mating instincts, annoying mimes performing during a fundraiser, or the simple urge to seek freedom. The compound was still inadequate, right?

Given that modern, folding wrist-rocket type slingshots fit in your back pocket and carry the same punch at close range as a .38 handgun, the slingshot is now commonly listed as a deadly weapon.

That's interesting. I wonder if someone has done a real world comparison of impact energy. I would love to see that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom