More Ingram please. (1 Viewer)

Zigg

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
12 carries aren't enough. He's looked great lately. Give him the ball more.

Yeah he was clearly getting things going. I don’t like that we’re getting too cute trying to get Kamara the ball when the answer is right in Sean’s face. Run Ingram all day.

First half Kamara and Ingram 11 carries, 62 yards.

Which begs the question why the 20 pass attempts?

I think Payton had maybe his worst play calling game of the year tonight.

I'm hardly a "run tha dayng bawl" (in my best Sandra Bullock on Blind Side voice) person, but Ingram was definitely not being fed like he should've been today.

I really hope this isn't some petty ploy to minimize his contract. I do not understand how he doesnt touch the ball more outside of that one road game per year they feed him.

First half Kamara and Ingram 11 carries, 62 yards.

Which begs the question why the 20 pass attempts?

I think Payton had maybe his worst play calling game of the year tonight.

Payton usually has an off game every year. It happens, but thankfully we won this one. This was not a repeat of the Rams game last year where his play calling was off.

Parcells once jokingly called this "the disease".

Keep feeding MI22 in the 1st half get the def softened up, let AK41 destroy them in the 2nd.

Mark was definitely the hot hand tonight as well as last week. Heart of the Saints. I would say they should have gave him the ball more but I love him being healthy. Was feeling light-headed until I finally learned that Unger came out for a concussion rather than a leg injury.

I feel like they are saving him for the playoffs. I feel Payton is keeping his offense very vanilla and not showing his hand, saving the good stuff for the playoffs. He started really laying off the pedal when we clinched

That Weak-side counter run was fire all night.

Felt like we could have gone all the way down the field with that run alone, if Keuchly doesn't make a diving once in a lifetime tackle on Kamara on one of those plays he scores a 2nd TD and likely seals the game right there.

It’s been so blatant lately that the only thing I can come up with it that Payton is purposefully starving him of additional carries (even when he is rolling such as tonight when he was averaging 5.9 YPC at one point).

I’m far from a conspiracy theorist, but I think Payton is purposefully starving him where Ingram will come up just short of passing Deuce for the Saints rushing title at the end of the regular season.

Afterwards, the team knows they will have all the leverage in contract negotiations and can lowball him: he’s almost 30, he just served a 4-game suspension for “PEDs” (and facing a 10-gamer for another violation), and they know him being that close to being the franchise leading rusher will likely make him bend on his number and re-sign for a cheaper deal than he’d get on the open market.

May be an unpopular opinion, but there’s no other way Payton can justify consistently pulling him out immediately after ripping a 5+ yard run and refusing to let him get in a rhythm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom