More on Jim Mora (1 Viewer)

I saw someone eairler post a thread about Jim Mora on the phone, during a local sports show with Buford Jordan. As crazy as Mora was, we have to love his passion. So here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTrmvF2TLgw

:hihi:

Love it that Mora thought every game was important.

Some coaches think some games are useless, and I have no respect for them.

Nice Buddy D. sighting there.

I love Mora. I saw him at La Thai (while he was waiting to be seated) a few months ago, and I shook his hand and said, "I'm a big fan, Coach." He said "thanks," but I could tell he was thinking, "why is this mother ****er talking to me?" It made me love him even more.

Pahaha. That is awesome! Can you imagine what kind of trouble Sean would get in if he did that today?? I know sometimes that is exactly what he wants to say too... "Next question"

I love Mora. I saw him at La Thai a few months ago, and I shook his hand and said, "I'm a big fan, Coach." He said "thanks," but I could tell he was thinking, "why is this mother ****er talking to me?" It made me love him even more.

LOL.

I met him in San Destin after he left the Saints. He was great to talk with.

NSFW (Language)

Classic Mora right here, lol.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gn99zFRqyDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:hihi:

I've never liked that 'passion' that causes people to lose control of themselves at the cost of insulting and humiliating others. It doesn't tend to be very constructive and I bet that's part of the reason the Saints never made it past the first round of the playoffs under his leadership.

Some coaches can get away with publicly calling out their players... Parcells and Ditka come to mind.

Others can't... like Jim Mora (and his son).

I've never liked that 'passion' that causes people to lose control of themselves at the cost of insulting and humiliating others. It doesn't tend to be very constructive and I bet that's part of the reason the Saints never made it past the first round of the playoffs under his leadership.

He lead us to our first success, I'll give him that and that only. Those 89-92 teams should have been in at least 2 Super Bowls. His decisions and clock management on offense really showed how incompetent in was as a "real" coach. Carl Smith might have been the OC, but that doesn't excuse not overruling him on many decisions. Watch the last 45 seconds of the 92' SF away game and you'll see what I mean. Terrible!!

I agree Brennan. The more I study back on the teams from those days, the more I realize that Mora probably was extremely lucky to have the dome patrol, and later with the Colts, Peyton Manning.

On another note, I love the part at about the :35 second mark when he gives the deep sigh. It was like he was thinking "Lord, please stop me from going off on this dude." It was that pause people do right before the beast comes out of them. :hihi:

To his credit, Ron Swaboda handled that ordeal very professionally. That was a pitiful display by Mora, basically going off on the guy based on simple semantics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom