More Payton rumors (Jason La Canfora re: trade scenario speculation) (1 Viewer)

Letting Sean Payton leave would be ridiculous. I think 2017 he and Drew will shut up all the naysayers.

Mickey hasn't proven to be the knee jerk reaction type of GM. Neither has Tom Benson. I do think the conversation will pick up should we lose out but even then I think SP roams the Saints sidelines next year and we will be back on the way up.

I don't put any credence in these annual trade rumors that will crop up until all vacancies are filled after the season. Now I will say that while I have liked Coach Payton, I think maybe he is stale in New Orleans and a fresh start for both Coach and Team may be something good all around. I would, however, be ****** if he was let go for a song and dance. The guy should be worth a 1st round choice, at minimum, and anything less would be just a joke.

I don't think it would take much to trade Jason LaCanfora to TMZ. He'd fit in much better.

The biggest speculation in the article is that Benson has cash flow issues and wants to restructure both NFL and NBA operations. I've argued that he's completely absentee and this says the exact opposite. I have no insight, but revamping operations would be a huge undertaking, if it happens that's a much bigger deal then the headline of Payton staying or going.

Other than fan speculation and transparent attempts by the LeBlanc faction to gain control of the empire, every single report has indicated that Tom is in full control of his faculties, and still involved in some level of the daily operations of his business.

I'm suprised that Payton is still Head Coach to be totally honest. These past seasons have been absolutely awful!

The year he was suspended Drew threw for over 5k yards and over 40tds. they finished 7-9... would there really be much of a difference if SP wasn't here?

Who do you trust more, Lacanfora or Tripplet? Wait, when Tripplet writes something negative about the Saints we say he doesn't know what he is talking about.

So now we are supposed to trust Tripplet because he is saying what we want to hear? Personally I think neither guy has a clue.

The year he was suspended Drew threw for over 5k yards and over 40tds. they finished 7-9... would there really be much of a difference if SP wasn't here?

I just believe we need a change of scenery.

Other than fan speculation and transparent attempts by the LeBlanc faction to gain control of the empire, every single report has indicated that Tom is in full control of his faculties, and still involved in some level of the daily operations of his business.

Ok. I'm ready to believe that and reports of his really high level of dissatisfaction with his NBA franchise. The lede should still be, Benson ready to make big changes in his professional sports holdings, not whether Payton gets more leverage after 3rd straight losing season. Bottom line, is we've seen no indication that kind of reorg is in the offering but would be very interesting if it's the case.

74051461.jpg

I never thought I would say this but I could care less if he left. I say keep Brees until he retires and make Pete Carmichael HC. Get what we can for a trade. I have lost faith in his decision making abilities.

I like Pete C as an offensive coordinator and play caller, but he's not HC material. Too quiet and reserved.

The guy should be worth a 1st round choice, at minimum, and anything less would be just a joke.

These rumors come up every year because Payton has had leverage of some sort, the fact that the stories are so muddled means that he has no leverage. There's no juice here at all.

These rumors come up every year because Payton has had leverage of some sort, the fact that the stories are so muddled means that he has no leverage. There's no juice here at all.

I think part of it is he has idolized Parcells so much, they expect the same amount of career stops.

Not gonna happen, just signed a 5 yr contract and who they gonna bring that's better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom